Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Francis College Rochestown

Options
  • 26-05-2016 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone give me some personal accounts of the above school. Is your son happy there? Are you as a parent happy with the school? Any pros or cons that you would be happy to share? Do you know if there are many places left if your son doesn't fulfill any of the criteria on the admission policy? (Son of staff, sibling or son of past pupil). There appears to be approx 110 in each year so I imagine a lot of places go with sons of staff/sibling or son of current/past pupil.
    Is there much emphasis on Sports etc in the school. I have checked the school leagues and it seems to do well academically.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Inspection reports are available on http://www.education.ie

Biggest factor in any child's achievement will be parental support and interest.

I will move this to Cork forum as you might get more informed replies.

**mods - not sure if City or County would be best?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Thanks for moving my post spurious.

I have read the school inspections also but thanks for posting.

I suppose it's more personal accounts I would like to hear of. Hopefully I will get a few replies. Thanks again.

Advertisement