Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Keyless Ignition / Remote Start?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So you just walk up to your bike and press a button to start it? Would be a cool extra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have it on my current bike and my previous. Both factory installed and very handy. My BMW even has a keyless gas cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

i'm happy enough with my remote switch...cost 3euro...:o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah you can switch it on and off from the key, and also start the engine.Here is a video: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1663768870503517/permalink/1743190909227979/

The main reason people put them on cafe's is to make the bike look cleaner without the key and barrel etc. For 20 quid its worth a punt. I'm going to have to do all the electrics on the bike anyway with new speedo and indicators etc - and I have a mate who's good with electrics so I might as well give it a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

yeah its worth a punt..or 20..:P

Trouble with me is i always leave the thing in gear....so remote start could be embarrasing...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yeah. that would be my worry, someone fcuking about with your bike sticks it in gear and you rock up looking smug and push the button. Bike spins around on the sidestand and falls over.
    #notagoodlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

can relocate the ignition away from the dash handy enough I'd say - similar to how alot of harleys are out of the factory

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah some of the guys hide the ignition in places like the airbox or the rear seat lock. I ordered it anyway so I'll give it a bash and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Yeah. that would be my worry, someone fcuking about with your bike sticks it in gear and you rock up looking smug and push the button. Bike spins around on the sidestand and falls over.
    #notagoodlook.

Need a bike that won't start in gear with the stand down. That would be brilliant to see though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

CJhaughey wrote: »
    #notagoodlook.

Simple solution is to always park in gear:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement