Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam call's

Options
  • 26-05-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hi I am receiving 2/3 call's a day from the international scam merchants,but they are this time claiming to be from Eir and based in HUSTON,the usual spiel, I let them listen to my tv till they hang up,but am a bit fed up now.
    I know Eir cannot prevent this carry on , but I think them claiming to be from Eir is new, so you might want to reiterate warning's to the public and especially the vunerable about these ''so called security call's'' ,thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

dslamjack wrote: »
    Hi I am receiving 2/3 call's a day from the international scam merchants,but they are this time claiming to be from Eir and based in HUSTON,the usual spiel, I let them listen to my tv till they hang up,but am a bit fed up now.
    I know Eir cannot prevent this carry on , but I think them claiming to be from Eir is new, so you might want to reiterate warning's to the public and especially the vunerable about these ''so called security call's'' ,thanks
    Hi dslamjack,

Thanks for getting in touch. We are aware of a series of unsolicited calls being received by members of the public where the call appears to come from eir. You can read more on this here http://support.eir.ie/article/phishingalert 
    We also have issued a statement regarding these calls on our eir community page. 
    I can understand how frustration with these calls completely, I would also recommend logging this with nuisance calls bureau, you can contact them on 1800689689.

- Pamela 

Advertisement