Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response from Home Services Team on "energyefficiency" email address

Options
  • 26-05-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

This is more a helpful bit of info to anyone else out there stuck like I was.

I had recently done a boiler upgrade and received credit from Electric Ireland for doing so.  However, I needed to confirm certain details about the job but the Customer Care Department said I needed to speak to the Home Services Team.

The issue was that Customer Care only had an email address for Home Services (starting with "energyefficiency") that seems to be just ignored and never answered.

After a bit of Googling, I found a number that I believe goes to the same department - [font=Arial, 'Arial Narrow', sans-serif]1850 30 50 85[/font]

Can anyone confirm that this is correct or else provide the appropriate number so that others aren't tormented by waiting on emails like I was?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi PaddyOWhaky,

Thank you for bearing with us.

Sorry for any confusion. The Energy Efficiency email address is the correct one for Energy Efficiency-specific queries. Home Services are another team and would direct customers with queries regarding Energy Efficiency to that email address. Home Services look after Nest, Climote, and gas boiler service/installation appointments - their email address is homeservices@ electricireland.ie.

We regret to read of the delay you experienced - it may be that there is a queue. I have passed the details of your post to Home Services however, and they will pass this to the Energy Efficiency team if you could also please send us a private message, confirming your name, address and telephone number.

If you have any further queries we can assist you with here on Boards.ie, we are available until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PaddyOWhaky

Hi PaddyOWhaky,

Thank you for bearing with us.

Sorry for any confusion. The Energy Efficiency email address is the correct one for Energy Efficiency-specific queries. Home Services are another team and would direct customers with queries regarding Energy Efficiency to that email address. Home Services look after Nest, Climote, and gas boiler service/installation appointments - their email address is homeservices@ electricireland.ie.

We regret to read of the delay you experienced - it may be that there is a queue. I have passed the details of your post to Home Services however, and they will pass this to the Energy Efficiency team if you could also please send us a private message, confirming your name, address and telephone number.

If you have any further queries we can assist you with here on Boards.ie, we are available until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Thanks,
    Una
    Hi Una,

I was just recording this after the fact really.  After ringing 1850 30 50 85, I was able to get the information I needed.

However, there was a previous time about a month or two ago where I was repeatedly sending requests on the same issue to the "energyefficiency" email address (over a period of weeks) and never got a reply.  I even had customer care forward my email to the same department and still no reply. 

I managed to eventually resolve that issue by other means. 

It was only when another issue arose last week that I was able to find the above number via Google and got sorted on that score also.  I'll add that I did send an email also, but didn't get a response within the promised "three day response time" (or at all) on this occasion either.

In short, I'm sorry to say that I don't have much faith in the "energyefficiency" email address and got sorted much more quickly by using the number that I eventually found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again PaddyOWhaky,

Thank you for confirming.

1850 30 50 85 is the telephone number for Home Services (email: homeservices@ electricireland.ie) - when you telephoned them, did they get in touch with the Energy Efficiency team on your behalf? There is no direct telephone number for the Energy Efficiency team, but do please private message us your details (name, email address, telephone number, address) if you wish. We can see whether a search can be done for your email.

Thanks,
    Una

________

Advertisement