Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy cash mobile, not paying up.

Options
  • 26-05-2016 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

My husband sent 2 iPhones to easycashmobile.ie, expecting to get €370. Used registered post, items were signed for 2 weeks ago.
    Since then there has been no response to numerous emails sent by him and the phone number goes to voicemail, the mailbox is full.

We can get Vodafone to disable/lock these phones but just wondering if there are any ideas of how to get the money before we resort to this?

(Obviously, lesson learned, would never deal with them again, just looking to salvage something).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

From looking at the facebook page for the company its a complete scam.
    I wouldnt think there is any way to get the money out of them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

from the whois information for that website, it is owned by Mr Noel Hancock.

Mr Noel Hancock is also the director if "Cash Encounters" according to his Company Registration Office page. It looks like "Easycashmobile.ie" is just a front for the mobile phone part of Cash Encounters, as the website registration data shows it being owned by "Cash Encounters".

The contact address for Cash Encounters is :
    1 Bunclody Road,
    Tullow,
    Co. Carlow
    R93 C5C2.

I would suggest immediately filing a small claims court claim against this individual. You should be able to as it looks like easycashmobile is owned by cash encounters.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Kencollins wrote: »

I would suggest immediately filing a small claims court claim against this individual. You should be able to as it looks like easycashmobile is owned by cash encounters.

Ken

A SCC against an individual? - Nope - that's not how it works and the forms will be duly returned to you.

The contract is with the company not with nay employee or director.

If you did need to go down the SCC route you make the complaint against the company

If the company that owns the trading name Easy Cash Mobile is ABC Ltd, then your claim is against "ABC Ltd T/A Easy Cash Mobile"

btw - Even a cursory check shows that Cash Encounters does not own Easy Cash Mobile, but they both have same directors. Easy cash Mobile is owned by Ecm Sirius Limited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Thanks for the feedback. Just the threat of Small Claims Court has resulted in a phone call from them this morning and a promise that the cheque is in the post.
    I'll believe it when I see it but at least it's a start!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What models were they? If a cash mobile website is giving you 370 for them, I'd say you could have gotten 450 from adverts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bazgrist

Hi Emer

Did easy cash ever pay you? I sold a phone a few weeks ago and have heard nothing. I have emailed them threatening to take them to the small courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Macker44

I sent my iphone 5S in October to Easycashmobile, no response to several emails and telephone voice messages left, I think it is a scam as I cannot get my money from them nor any response. I have reported the phone as stolen at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bazgrist

Hi Macker

I emailed them threatening to take them to small claims court and he rang me straight away saying I'd left the cloud on phone which I had. He was really thick with me and then said he'd send the phone back to me and then rang straight back apologising and said he'd honour the deal if I took the cloud off and reposted. Unbelievably the phone did come back to me and I sold it somewhere else. The number he called was private but I think he said their shop is on Parnell st. The number he called from was private. Hope you get sorted.

Advertisement