Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain clean & quick links

• 26-05-2016 2:19pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi,

Have always just ran my chains though a cleaner on the bike and re-oil.
    but giving both the road & mtb a real clean at the moment, I notice a lot of grime.
    Have tried a few options - but really need to get them off the bikes for a proper cleaning, and add quick links back for ease of cleaning.
    both chains are ok length wise.

so both are Cube bikes with 10 speed shimano groupsets and chains.
    road chain - HG4801 - narrow chain.
    Mtb - HGX.

Would these do the trick - here.

thanks

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,007 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm open to correction but I think they should be used with KMC chains. I haven't tried it with any other brand.

I use KMC chains myself and they come with that quick link. KMC recommend that the quick link is only opened 3 times before replacing but I've opened them many more times with no ill-effects to date. It makes for much easier chain cleaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Life is too short for that messing.

Use the Gold or Extreme lube, chain stay very clean. Relube (which also cleans) every 300km or so. No more dirty black chain.

Follow instructions on how to apply. You'll need to use Parcel Motel to get in from UK.

http://www.rocklube.com/products.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Those quick links will work perfectly with Shimano and Sram 10 speed chains.
    They are very easy to take off and replace. I have quick links, that have been taken on and off dozens of times. Never had a problem

Advertisement