Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risking tracker rate to switch mortgage?

• 26-05-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Would I be mad to switch my second home loan to ulster back on SVR of 3.2% given my first home loan is also with UB on tracker rate?
    Could I lose my tracker rate as a result?
    Currently on 3.69% with KBC so sizeable savings to be availed of if I make the move.
    Cost were I to lose my tracker would be enormous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Unless the two mortgages are linked somehow, then I can't see how the redemption of a BTL mortgage would affect the rate on the PPR mortgage.

Now, they may be linked in some way???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wife2b

They are linked insofar as the same person would be named on the mortgage contract for both, and if/when we submit the application for the second home loan we will need to specify that we have an existing property, along with the details of that home loan.

Would you consider this to be a risk?

Advertisement