Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the problem here

Options
  • 26-05-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

We have an Aritech alarm system, when normally leaving the house you key 0V4, you get a leave now message, it buzzes and then sets, last couple of days it just continually buzzes with leave now message but doesn't set, just wondering what the issue may be,
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly a faulty device on the front door.
    What happens if you try to part set it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

KoolKid wrote: »
    Possibly a faulty device on the front door.
    What happens if you try to part set it?

Part guard seem to work fine

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a PiR in the hallway?

Have you a PiR in the hallway?

No although I thought it was good practice to have a PiR covering the keypad, only PiR is in the kitchen/dining room covering patio doors, all doors & windows have contacts

Goto the keypad and press arrow down twice and tell me what displays?

• Advertisement

Goto the keypad and press arrow down twice and tell me what displays?

Show all open zones. All closed

Strange.
    OK Now try O arrow down 5 & see if the system full sets.(There will be no buzzer.)

Strange.
    OK Now try O arrow down 5 & see if the system full sets.(There will be no buzzer.)

Done that, it set, no buzzer

And if you open the door I presume the entry timer starts?
    But if you enter 0 arrow down 4 the buzzer just continues forever.

Does this happen every single time?

And if you open the door I presume the entry timer starts?
    But if you enter 0 arrow down 4 the buzzer just continues forever.

Does this happen every single time?

Would you believe, it's now arming normally but definitely hasn't been for the last two days , for example, Tuesday evening, I pressed 0 down 4, left the house, came back a few hours later, could hear the buzzer before opening the front door, when I opened the door it was buzzing away displaying the leave now message which it must have been doing for a few hours, earlier that day the eldest described the exact same when he left for a while

Part guard always operated OK....thanks for your help by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Would you believe, it's now arming normally but definitely hasn't been for the last two days , for example, Tuesday evening, I pressed 0 down 4, left the house, came back a few hours later, could hear the buzzer before opening the front door, when I opened the door it was buzzing away displaying the leave now message which it must have been doing for a few hours, earlier that day the eldest described the exact same when he left for a while

Few possible issues.
    Loose connection in front door sensor.
    Faulty sensor on front door.
    If none of the above I would advise a power down and up of the system.
    Battery and mains, Have come across this a good few times and this has solved the issue once cabling and sensor are ok.

Cheers guys, thanks

Cheers guys, thanks

No Probs, let us know how you get on.

I have that effect on systems sometimes.:)
    I would be surprised if it were the front door if the part set worked every time & you never had false alarms.
    Do you have engineer access?
    Have you made any changes recently?

Cheers guys, thanks

How did you get on?

altor wrote: »
    How did you get on?

No change, it's been arming / disarming normally since following KoolKids requests, is it possible the 0 down arrow 5 had any effect on the system, doubt it myself, few if any false alarms over the years, stable installation, its a bit of a mystery but it's working away grand at the moment after two days of not full setting properly, part guard was always fine, will have to give it a bit of time to see if it shows up again in case it's the start of an intermittent fault

No change, it's been arming / disarming normally since following KoolKids requests, is it possible the 0 down arrow 5 had any effect on the system, doubt it myself, few if any false alarms over the years, stable installation, its a bit of a mystery but it's working away grand at the moment after two days of not full setting properly, part guard was always fine, will have to give it a bit of time to see if it shows up again in case it's the start of an intermittent fault

Are you setting the system and leaving using 0 down arrow 5?

altor wrote: »
    Are you setting the system and leaving using 0 down arrow 5?

No, 0 down 4, normal set

No, 0 down 4, normal set

Its a weird one how its working now. I would look out for a loose connection in the front door or an issue with the sensor itself.

Advertisement