Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounts closure...twice !!

Options
  • 26-05-2016 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Had a personal account in a branch in Meath,lost my card .
    Ordered a replacement card,arrived by post 2 weeks later but when i tried to use it said account closed !

Opened a new personal account online and over the phone,received all details re account numbers, received the new card,waited for the PIN number.Called 365,they said account opened in Dublin 15 branch  on 6 may and closed on 12 may.

Asked for reasons,they said that branch is not obliged to give me any reasons !!

Is there a higher level and more customer-aware authority that can give me a reason here !??

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon rolion, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that Bank of Ireland were unable to facilitate you with a Bank account on this occasion. Regrettably, we can not comment further here regarding a Branches decision. 

Thank you again for getting in contact. 

Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,thanks.

According to this link here,i should speak with the Branch Manager and ask the reason(s),why in Meath then in Dublin 15.
    Based on your reply above,Branch will not give me a explanation,therefore i will contact the Financial Ombudsman.
    And i will do it not because i am so in hard need of a BofI account but just to see how deep the respect and / or errors can go...

Keep up the good work,looking after current customers.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/customer-complaints-process/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Morning,

Sorry to bother you again..but an email received I today,from BofI sending me welcome email along with the documents related to my new personal account recently opened.

So,account closed 2 weeks ago but i still receive a nice warm welcome !???
    Is that some sort of joke or a prove that no "joint thinking" ,no communication in the structure of the organisation:365 staff open account,branch open   / branch close,HQ not aware,client not aware,HQ not aware of branches moves... sense none is making to me !!! Where welcome i'm I !?

My question is written complaint sending where I'm I supposed to: your internal department or to "external" financial ombudsman !?

Thanks ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

rolion wrote: »
    Morning,

Sorry to bother you again..but an email received I today,from BofI sending me welcome email along with the documents related to my new personal account recently opened.

So,account closed 2 weeks ago but i still receive a nice warm welcome !???
    Is that some sort of joke or a prove that no "joint thinking" ,no communication in the structure of the organisation:365 staff open account,branch open   / branch close,HQ not aware,client not aware,HQ not aware of branches moves... sense none is making to me !!! Where welcome i'm I !?

My question is written complaint sending where I'm I supposed to: your internal department or to "external" financial ombudsman !?

Thanks ? 
    Good Afternoon, 

Sorry to hear you received this in error and I do apologise if this has caused you any upset. If you wish to make a complaint it is up to you where you direct it but you can post it to us to the address provided. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Evie 

Advertisement