Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get to talk to someone in credit card services

Options
  • 26-05-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, I need to talk to someone in credit card services but can't. I have spent all of my lunch break the last week on hold waiting to get through but they never answer. I went to the branch to talk to someone and they tried to put me on the phone to credit card services I said it was a waste of time. There is no email system where I can write to someone, it is starting to wear me down. I have even tried writing a letter and posting it in the vain hope of making contact but of course no reply. Why is your customer care so appallingly bad, I just want to speak to somebody...pleeeeease 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

brucy wrote: »
    Hi, I need to talk to someone in credit card services but can't. I have spent all of my lunch break the last week on hold waiting to get through but they never answer. I went to the branch to talk to someone and they tried to put me on the phone to credit card services I said it was a waste of time. There is no email system where I can write to someone, it is starting to wear me down. I have even tried writing a letter and posting it in the vain hope of making contact but of course no reply. Why is your customer care so appallingly bad, I just want to speak to somebody...pleeeeease 
    Hi brucy, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

We are very sorry to hear that you have been unable to speak to someone regarding your Credit Card query. If you have your Credit Card added to view on 365 Online, it is possible to send your query when logged in, through the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option. A representative with account access will be happy to help you with your query. 

We also have recently launched Card Care which may help you. You can register your Credit Card on this to view the balance, transactions and also update our contact details and request a new card among other services. Please find more information on Card Care here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 38 brucy

I have done as you said and the message I got was that it would be one to two day before I got answer to my question. I need to speak to an actual person an it seems to be impossible. What time does customer care open in the morning please?

Sitting here on hold for the last half hour while I type. I am trying to change my direct debit details but I cant because no one will answer the phone. My credit will not get paid this month and it seems there is nothing I can do about it.

Hi Sarah, don't know if you are reading this or not but I got up early this morning to ring card services to change my details and was on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up. I have now sent emails, wrote on this forum sent a letter gone to my branch all to no avail. This is starting to consume my life..... Please do you have any suggestions how I get to speak to card services????? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

brucy wrote: »
    Hi Sarah, don't know if you are reading this or not but I got up early this morning to ring card services to change my details and was on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up. I have now sent emails, wrote on this forum sent a letter gone to my branch all to no avail. This is starting to consume my life..... Please do you have any suggestions how I get to speak to card services????? 
    Hi brucy, 

Thank you for your posts and again we're very sorry you have experienced this difficulty in getting in touch with our Credit Card team. If you can please send us a private message with your name, contact number and the general nature of your query we will request for a representative to contact you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

Likewise, I have tried contacting card services four times over today (Monday) and Friday at different times, no answer, just endless "please continue to hold and we will be with you shortly". Ha. Time elapsed on this latest call, 22 minutes and counting. Is anyone there in cc services actually answering customer service calls ???? Can a rep give this experience as feedback ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

kman wrote: »
    Likewise, I have tried contacting card services four times over today (Monday) and Friday at different times, no answer, just endless "please continue to hold and we will be with you shortly". Ha. Time elapsed on this latest call, 22 minutes and counting. Is anyone there in cc services actually answering customer service calls ???? Can a rep give this experience as feedback ?
    Good Morning kman, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

We are very sorry to hear that you experienced this delay in getting through. Did you manage to have your query solved in the end? You may be able to use our new Card Care service to answer your query, if you haven't registered for it yet you can do so here; https://goo.gl/S9mGIQ

I hope this helps,
    Evie 

Advertisement