Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyke road

Options
  • 26-05-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Do many people park in dyke road here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

In the Black Box? Always do. €4 for the whole day. Sometimes someone will give you a ticket to use on their way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Yeah I know handy like that.. is there ever clampers down there I park there 5 days a week and pay and display yet many don't.. I have never seen a car clamped.. a bit infuriating good honest people paying day in day out yet people taking the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Don't know about the Dyke but I believe the Galway Shopping Centre car park is not patrolled every day of the week. Wish I knew which day(s). I have never seen a car clamped there but regularly see them clamped opposite in Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

The council don't clamp on this car park. A warden patrols it and issues fixed penalty notices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

The council don't clamp on this car park. A warden patrols it and issues fixed penalty notices.

As an aside, the council don't clamp anywhere now, they just issue tickets. I recently learned that they don't issue actual tickets anymore though - the first the offender hears about it is when they receive a fixed penalty notice in the post. I don't know why the Council decided to go down this route as, if nothing else, seeing a physical ticket is a visible deterrent to other would-be offenders. It also reassures those who have paid for their parking that those who haven't are being penalised.

So, OP, if it makes you feel any better,it's entirely possible that the cars you see without paid parking discs have in fact received tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

In the Cathedral car park, which also has a full-day rate, lots of people gift their full-day tickets to others who are arriving as they're leaving, but you can't depend on it. I don't know if it also happens in the Dyke Road car park, but I presume it does.

Advertisement