Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

• 26-05-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Phone call from 016115404 answered got a tone dial.

Rand back siad they were with BOI. I dont see their number anywhere on your website saying that they are with BOI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Sham1234, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here. 

I can confirm that this number is valid. It is from our Financial Review team. They make regular outbound calls to Business and Personal customers to offer advice or help with existing or future products. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stiggy

Good Afternoon Sham1234, 

I can confirm that this number is valid. It is from our Financial Review team. They make regular outbound calls to Business and Personal customers to offer advice or help with existing or future products. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi
    So if 'they' (financial review team) are making these calls are they human initiated Calls, why never an answer when you puck up call ?

Very frustrating to keep answering phone calls to hear a dial tone and then be hung up on. Can you explain this please.

Also on phoning the number back you get an automated mesaage then a dial tone and again you get hung up on.
    Wasting peoples time it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

stiggy wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Sham1234, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Hi
    So if 'they' (financial review team) are making these calls are they human initiated Calls, why never an answer when you puck up call ?

Very frustrating to keep answering phone calls to hear a dial tone and then be hung up on. Can you explain this please.

Also on phoning the number back you get an automated mesaage then a dial tone and again you get hung up on.  
    Wasting peoples time it would seem.
    Good Afternoon stiggy. 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, I am sorry to hear that you experienced this, if you would like to PM us we can arrange for someone to call you? 

Thanks,

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stiggy

Good Afternoon stiggy. 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, I am sorry to hear that you experienced this, if you would like to PM us we can arrange for someone to call you? 

Thanks,

Evie 

Hi Evie

No i would rather an open amswer to my valid question above regarding this method of canvassing your customers.
    Your offer of getting someone to call me is misinterpreted as it was BOI who contacted me and not my failure to reach you. I dont even know why contact, or lack of, was even made.

This is not the first time i have received these annoying calls were you get hung up on, quick google will clarify i am not alone in this.

So again i ask to clarify this method of contact and why we customers are answering calls to us just to hear dial tones.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

stiggy wrote: »
    Good Afternoon stiggy. 

Thanks,

Evie 

Hi Evie

No i would rather an open amswer to my valid question above regarding this method of canvassing your customers.
    Your offer of getting someone to call me is misinterpreted as it was BOI who contacted me and not my failure to reach you. I dont even know why contact, or lack of, was even made.

This is not the first time i have received these annoying calls were you get hung up on, quick google will clarify i am not alone in this.

So again i ask to clarify this method of contact and why we customers are answering calls to us just to hear dial tones.

Thanks
    Hi stiggy, 

I can confirm that we do use a system which dials customers as part of our contact strategy in Bank of Ireland, for a discussion around their financial needs.

We are aware of the issue that resulted in you receiving this call and it is currently being investigated by our technical teams. I can assure you that this is being treated as urgent.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Thanks,

Evie 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭KyussBeeshop

The next time I receive one of these calls, I'm permanently closing my BoI account - and I'm not going to give you any personal information to try and help me out personally, you need to fix the general problem of cold-calling people and immediately routing them through to a fúcking automated system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭KyussBeeshop

Ok fúck this, got another one of these calls today, I'm cancelling my account with you and moving all my saved money to another bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Ok fúck this, got another one of these calls today, I'm cancelling my account with you and moving all my saved money to another bank.
    Hi KyussBeeshop 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're very sorry to hear you are closing your account with us. We understand from your previous post you prefer not to give us any information to try and help. If you change your mind, please let us know. We could send you a PM and have your contact details permanently removed from receiving our Financial Review calls. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

I'm also getting missed calls from this number. I've decided to leave BOI as I'm sick of sales calls, you already take a mega whack of my account in fees. The interest on my savings account is minor and just generally sick of BOI. Phone calls are the nail on the coffin. I'm going to close my account and set up one of those German accounts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

louloumc89 wrote: »
    I'm also getting missed calls from this number. I've decided to leave BOI as I'm sick of sales calls, you already take a mega whack of my account in fees. The interest on my savings account is minor and just generally sick of BOI. Phone calls are the nail on the coffin. I'm going to close my account and set up one of those German accounts!
    Good Afternoon louloumc89,

I am so sorry to hear that you are considering closing your account. If you'd like to send me a Private message with your details, I'll be happy to have your contact information removed to help avoid these calls in the future.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Giggipaws

Hi there, I also got a call from this number and when I picked up, it disconnected. It is bit annoying alright - and I must admit that every time I got a call from your sales team, they were not very helpful. They seem to have their agenda of what they gonna push on you as a customer, but when I gave feedback and asked for some action (e.g. ridiculous amount of fees paid for the basic use of the account), nothing was done. What's the point then? I feel that you guys little bit milk your customers, call about your needs rather than customer's needs.... 

It just happened again - did not even have time to pick up. Am I currently on your machine's dial-out list, pls, Bank Of Ireland?Would appreciated a contact from your rep. Thank you. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Giggipaws wrote: »
    It just happened again - did not even have time to pick up. Am I currently on your machine's dial-out list, pls, Bank Of Ireland?Would appreciated a contact from your rep. Thank you. 
    Hi Giggipaws,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you send your query through Ask a Question on 365 Online Service Desk, an adviser with account access will be happy to investigate this further. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moto

louloumc89 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon louloumc89,

I am so sorry to hear that you are considering closing your account. If you'd like to send me a Private message with your details, I'll be happy to have your contact information removed to help avoid these calls in the future.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Please pm me Elaine as i cannot Pm you. I am also receiving these nuisance calls and want my name taken off the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Moto,

If you send your request through Ask a Question when logged on to 365 Online, an adviser with access to your account will be happy to ensure you don't receive further calls.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I have also had calls from 'marketing'. Something I never opted into.

BOI's answer..?

They want me to 'write' to them, to be removed from marketing. 
    So I have to use pen, paper, envelope and a stamp, all at my expense, to stop something I never requested in the first place.

BOI are just trying to make it more difficult than it should be.

It sucks..!

Hi Giggipaws,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you send your query through Ask a Question on 365 Online Service Desk, an adviser with account access will be happy to investigate this further. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the template reply...?

I feel this issue has little to do with me, it is a technical issue on BOI's end. I did not ask to be on your dial-out list and the best would be not only that you guys have the decency to PM us to resolve our problem with you, but also discontinue those automatic calls until your system work correctly.

I think this is a fair request if you look at it from our perspective. If you can...

And yes, I have started queries about moving my account somewhere else....
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Giggipaws,

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

I feel this issue has little to do with me, it is a technical issue on BOI's end. I did not ask to be on your dial-out list and the best would be not only that you guys have the decency to PM us to resolve our problem with you, but also discontinue those automatic calls until your system work correctly.

I think this is a fair request if you look at it from our perspective. If you can...

G
    Sorry to hear this Giggipaws, to investigate this further for you I'd need some more information.

If you like we can also arrange it so that you don't receive any further calls, but would need some identifying information from you.

The easiest was to do this, if you're registered for 365 Online,  is to send us your details through the Ask a Question option. If you don't have access to 365 Online, please call 0818 365 365 and one of our advisers will be happy to take your details and ensure that you don't receive any further calls of this nature.

Thanks
    Nicola 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Hi Giggipaws,

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

G
    Sorry to hear this Giggipaws, to investigate this further for you I'd need some more information.

If you like we can also arrange it so that you don't receive any further calls, but would need some identifying information from you.

The easiest was to do this, if you're registered for 365 Online,  is to send us your details through the Ask a Question option. If you don't have access to 365 Online, please call 0818 365 365 and one of our advisers will be happy to take your details and ensure that you don't receive any further calls of this nature.

Thanks
    Nicola 
    Bollox, I tried PM's and was told the only way was to write to you. 

RE:   http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057712716

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

[font=arial, sans-serif]I've received calls from this number twice in the last two months, and when I reached out to BOI on my secure messaging service, they told me they couldn't help me, saying they didn't know what it was in relation to. Could a BOI rep please PM me as I'm not able to send a PM as it is restricted.[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement