Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charger installed in work

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

KCross wrote: »
    Although the Q-Parks in Cork, which signed up for drive4zero, do still provide free parking in 4 of their multi-storeys in Cork which is very useful.

My wife regularly parks in one of the more expensive Q-Parks in the city centre and you get a free charge and free parking. A major benefit as 2-3hrs in a multi would cost you €10.
    Sorry for going a bit off-topic but how do you actually get free parking in these places? I've used the chargers in St. Finbarr's a couple of times but didn't see an attendant there and no one answered the call button on the machine, so I ended up paying.
    KCross wrote: »
    I havent used that specific park but you do need to meet an attendant to validate the ticket. It cant be done via a machine in any way.

There is always (whenever we tried) an attendant in the Grand Parade one at the top of the ramp, which is also right next to the chargers. Just give him your ticket, they validate it and away you go.

Is there an attendant's desk somewhere else in the St Finbarrs park, hidden away in some corner?
    Was always an attendant at St Finbarr's when I used it, except once - and they told me (over the intercom) to just buzz them at the barrier and they'd let me out.

I've read elsewhere though that Q Park are finishing the initiative this month - haven't seen confirmation of it though.

I dropped them an email and got a response from a manager saying that they have no plans to end the 4hrs of free parking for EV's, but it is reviewed periodically.

It didnt sound like they were on the cusp of killing it. Fingers crossed, its a nice perk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've used the Q-Park on Grand Parade a few times since then - there was one of two spaces available every time I went there, and also an attendant was available to give me a free ticket (looks like he has to print out a new one). The spaces are a bit awkward as I need to reverse in and it's at the end of the row (next to some cleaning equipment and junk), and also the ceiling is quite low (something to watch out with the liftback Prius as the spoiler is known to break easily), but it's a lot more convenient than St. Finbarr's.

Advertisement