Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What business podcasts do you listen to?

Options
  • 26-05-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who listen to podcasts - what do you listen to regularly, and what's your favourite?

I tend to dip in and out of podcasts rather than subscribing religiously to any particular one (the daily's are overwhelming, even if they're short, I like weekly and fortnightly shows).

Here's some of the ones on my app recently:

Smart Passive Income - Pat Flynn
    Social Triggers Insider - Derek Halpern
    The Fizzle Show
    StartUp - Alex Blumberg
    $100 MBA - Omar Zenhom
    The Creative Penn
    HBR Ideacast
    The Active Marketer - Barry Moore
    7 Day Startup - Dan Norris

I don't think I have a stand out favourite but I dip in and out of most of the above regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

interesting list above, I listen to Dan Norris a good bit and StartUp - Alex Blumberg. I used to listen to the $100 MBA but found it a bit basic, for example the end of the road was a full episode about using google docs fora start up.

I listen to regularly:
    Tim Ferris,
    The art of Charm (not business but very interesting)
    The investors podcast
    Entrepreneur on Fire (Daily for about 20/25 minutes, great podcast. Guy is a bit odd but he gets great, interesting guests)

Thanks for sharing your, always good to know what people are listening to!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Just to update this a bit, I just binge-listened to about 40 episodes of Rick Mulready's The Art of Paid Traffic, which is all about traffic generation tactics with paid ads on Facebook, Google, YouTube etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

protelos wrote: »
    i
    Entrepreneur on Fire (Daily for about 20/25 minutes, great podcast. Guy is a bit odd but he gets great, interesting guests)

Who is the presenter for entrepreneur on fire? Can't seem to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Trojan wrote: »
    Just to update this a bit, I just binge-listened to about 40 episodes of Rick Mulready's The Art of Paid Traffic, which is all about traffic generation tactics with paid ads on Facebook, Google, YouTube etc.

Thanks for sharing......did you take away many practical and impactful actions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Perpetual Traffic from the guys at Digital Marketer is EXCELLENT for social marketing.

They do prescriptive and interview style shows.

Most recent interview was with the guys from dollarbeardclub - €11m turnover and 100m video views inside like 18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

This Week in Startups is also very good.

For general topics ranging from economics, to history, to space (SpaceX) and politics the John Batchelor Show is fantastic, especially if you like a soothing voice to relax to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

tacofries wrote: »
    Who is the presenter for entrepreneur on fire? Can't seem to find it!

If you Google Entrepreneur on Fire, the 1st result mentions John Lee Dumas as the host :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

^^ yes, JLD as he likes to refer to himself! Thanks for "The Art of paid traffic" sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Bawnmore wrote: »
    If you Google Entrepreneur on Fire, the 1st result mentions John Lee Dumas as the host :)

Lovely, wasn't sure if that was the right one or not! Thanks

Advertisement