Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Working Holiday Visa 2016/17

Options
  • 26-05-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

currently finished 3rd year of college and thinking about deffering 4th year and going to Australia on a year whv.....
    sounds strange to just deffer a college year when so close to finishing but i have become extremely bored at the moment and really have an itch to travel. i also feel travelling on my own for a year would be hugely beneficial to me as i feel my confidence would grow, id meet new people and learn a lot from the experience
    also most of my friends are a year behind me in college, that being down to age or that they had failed a year and had to repeat or taking gap year to get portfolios ready ect, point I'm making is when i return and have to finish my last year of college my friends will be in the same boat.
    for the 2nd semester in third year i had to complete a work placement program and am staying on with them for the summer so i will have worked 8 months in total and will have money saved up.
    anyone have any previous experiences of doing something similar? would anyone say they found it extremely difficult to go back into college on return from a year off? all advice and experiences welcome.
    also anyone know what exactly is happening with the backpacker tax in australia this year? is it going to go up to 35%?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The backpacker tax has been pushed back by 6 months, with talk it might not go ahead at all.

Take the opportunity to come over and experience it. It's only 1 year and you'll be able to slot back in with friends back home should you choose to do so. You could use your year here to work and save up and possibly finish your studies over here as an option?

Advertisement