Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find robbed phone

Options
  • 26-05-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My friend lost an iphone, presumed robbed on a night out as the club was searched and it wasn't found. He stupidly didn't have find my iphone set up and cannot track it. Is there any other way he can find or track it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No.

Is he sure Find My iPhone wasn't set-up? It's on by default when you log in with your Apple ID. He would have had to manually disable it. The Find My iPhone app has nothing to do with it.

Even with Find My iPhone there wouldn't be much chance of getting it back. But Activation Lock would have made it difficult if not impossible for the thief to sell it. But your friend can still get it blacklisted.

Edit: Moved to Apple Media Devices.

Advertisement