Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad review - being managed out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

no you haven't

In my opinion nobody more guilty of this on the forum than you.

says the guy who thought a verbal warning was an informal process, yeah i might just not be calling you in case of a HR emergency bud.

the OP has had some solid advise, not just from me but from other posters.
    hopefully he's not being managed out and its just an unfair review and it gets sorted.

Us bickering isnt helping the OP so PM me if you have other ridiculous statements to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

in your experience obviously. a nudge from a colleague (thats been suggested higher up) that you're being managed out might be better to ask for some cash and bugger off is totally unethical...

So letting somebody who is in all likelyhood going to be sacked and currently under the pressure of a PIP heading in this direction , know that there is an alternative and the employer might be interested is unethical

Please explain

what you may be referring to is called Voluntary Severance (Voluntary severance payment is any payment in connection with a mutually agreed and voluntary departure from employment by an employee) its totally different to ****e im being sacked better ask them to pay me to make me go quietly.

FFS It is the same thing , what ever your motivations for coming to the agreement is irrelevant.

I dont intend to come across as derogatory and its certainly not something that anyone i know would say about me.

I do run one though so if you wanted to get some work experience and a solid grounding in the HR function you're more than welcome to apply, its pretty competitive though.

I have never suggested i work in HR, I has stated very clearly that I work in HR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

says the guy who thought a verbal warning was an informal process, .

but it can be ,again your incredibly narrow experience is not the be all and end all.
    Many companies operate in different manners , Just because you have not seen something does not mean it cannot exist .
    Just because it is not the best way a company can behave , does not mean that companies do not behave that way .

Advertisement