Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Seat Recommendation

Options
  • 26-05-2016 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My little one has grown out of her maxi cosi cabriofix and we need a new car seat.

The more I read on the Internet the more confused I get. Baring in mind we do lots of 3 hour car journeys up to the relatives house and whatnot so nice and comfy is great :D

I'd love some recommendations on what to go for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Extended rear facing to minimum of 4 is much safer - up to 5 times safer. We just upgraded to a Nuna Rebl for our 13 month old as she's just grown out of her infant carrier. She absolutely loves it and so do we - 5 point harness, isofix, ERF and it swivels so easy on our backs. It's not cheap though at €550

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Plus one on extended rear facing. Britax two way elite is usable up to around 6 years and is a great seat. We bought it online from the incarsafetycentre in Belfast.

There are lots more options for extended rear facing now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Really depends on the car you drive and build of your child tbh. Contact incarsafetycentre. They will point you in the right direction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Extended rear facing to minimum of 4 is much safer - up to 5 times safer. We just upgraded to a Nuna Rebl for our 13 month old as she's just grown out of her infant carrier. She absolutely loves it and so do we - 5 point harness, isofix, ERF and it swivels so easy on our backs. It's not cheap though at €550

The rebl is on kindseats for around €450. Some places will price match, but their delivery charges seem to be reasonable anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's a good price alright. One thing that was mentioned to us at the RSA Check It Fits service is even if the Rebl is ok for your car as per their own guide to check it first as some seats can mean the recline isn't enough so the child's head could slump when they went to sleep. Ours was grand though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We have extended rearfacing BSafe seats. They are worth the money for the peace of mind. My four year old is still within the limits of hers, she went into it at about 13 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I can't post a link on my phone but I'm strongly considering buying the Britax 123 Evolve car seat. I've been told in shops it will last until my daughter is 12. Has anyone experience of this? It has the five point harness on it which I want for now as she's only two. It's forward facing and she's forward facing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

Cybex car seats are meant to be good

Advertisement