Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Cork Airport

Options
  • 26-05-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm flying out of cork airport at 12:40 in the afternoon. There's no direct bus from Dublin, so I've two questions:

1. Best way of getting there from Dublin via train/ bus?
    2. How long in advance of my flight do I actually need to be there?

According to Google maps I can either get there at 5 AM or 10:28 AM. Train From Houston followed by a bus from Cork city. I'm flying with Ryan Air and only have hand luggage. I also won't be able to travel to cork the night before.

I'm trying to keep the journey as cheep as possible. I'm flying one-way from Cork to Dublin with a 70 hour stopover in Bordeaux to see our Boys In Green :D (worked out wayy cheaper than return flights to any near-by cities!) Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Travel Combination 1 vote

Train followed by bus
    0% 0 votes
    Train followed by taxi
    0% 0 votes
    Bus followed by bus
    100% 1 vote
    Bus followed by taxi
    0% 0 votes
    any lifts?
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I'm flying out of cork airport at 12:40 in the afternoon. There's no direct bus from Dublin, so I've two questions:

1. Best way of getting there from Dublin via train/ bus?
    2. How long in advance of my flight do I actually need to be there?

According to Google maps I can either get there at 5 AM or 10:28 AM. Train From Houston followed by a bus from Cork city. I'm flying with Ryan Air and only have hand luggage. I also won't be able to travel to cork the night before.

I'm trying to keep the journey as cheep as possible. I'm flying one-way from Cork to Dublin with a 70 hour stopover in Bordeaux to see our Boys In Green :D (worked out wayy cheaper than return flights to any near-by cities!) Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Bus Eireann 226/226A Cork Rail station - Cork Bus Station - Cork Airport runs every 30 mns.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425471772-226.pdf

Fares are cheaper from Bus station and also a single is cheaper paid with Leap card so bring that if you have one.

Dublin - Cork either Rail or Aircoach. Book in advance to get best fares.

Advertisement