Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting posts

Options
  • 26-05-2016 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

How many posts do I have to have before I can delete or edit posts?

I have posted something I want removed. I have asked a mod to help a few hours ago but the haven't replied even though they've been online.

Comments

You can only delete a post up to 24 hours after it was posted. After that it has to be deleted by a mod. Also, if the post is the first in a thread, I don't think you can delete it at all, has to be by a mod.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

Have a look at point number 4 on this thread. It covers editing and deleting posts, and should answer your question.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

Karsini wrote: »
    You can only delete a post up to 24 hours after it was posted. After that it has to be deleted by a mod. Also, if the post is the first in a thread, I don't think you can delete it at all, has to be by a mod.

Ok. But it hasn't been up 24 hours and not the first in the thread and I still can't edit or delete stuff.

Mods so far have been unresponsive

Shield wrote: »
    Hi there.

Have a look at point number 4 on [ link

It covers editing and deleting posts, and should answer your question.

-Shield.

Ok i've tried to follow the instructions there but when I press edit it brings me to a blank white screen.

On another note how many posts do I need to post links. It's quite annoying when I quote someone to keep having to remove links from thier posts

? Is anyone going to answer here? Do I just close my account and start again ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Accounts need to have 25 posts and 10 days of age to post links, and there's a long running bug that also interferes with editing your posts as a result of it. Your account doesn't meet the 10 day limit yet, hence you're getting caught in it for the next 4 days or so. Re-regging won't work around, it'd only set you back to square one instead.

Spear wrote: »
    Accounts need to have 25 posts and 10 days of age to post links, and there's a long running bug that also interferes with editing your posts as a result of it. Your account doesn't meet the 10 day limit yet, hence you're getting caught in it for the next 4 days or so. Re-regging won't work around, it'd only set you back to square one instead.

how do I get around this long running bug and edit? Or is it just a matter of tough?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Other than simply waiting out the remaining days, I've never seen any workaround or fix. You can always ask a mod of the forum in question to edit it for you, and point them to this thread to back up the need for for them to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hit the 'Report post' icon beside the posts you would like deleted. A forum Moderator will get to it as soon as possible.

Spear wrote: »
    Other than simply waiting out the remaining days, I've never seen any workaround or fix. You can always ask a mod of the forum in question to edit it for you, and point them to this thread to back up the need for for them to it.

I asked them at around 6 pm, i' m still waiting for them to reply. They are online as i've checked a couple of times.

Probably best I close my account and start again, I don't want to be identified. It's a bit daft.

• Advertisement

OP has closed their account. Marking as Resolved.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement