Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bought a faulty item in argos.

Options
  • 26-05-2016 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,
    on the 6th of this month I bought a tablet from argos and kept it up until today as a birthday present for my partner, she hadnt got it turned on two minutes when the screen started to go what can only be described as staticy and then it switched off. My question is where do I stand on this it only happened an hour ago so argos was closed I am wondering if I go in willi be laughed out of the shop as I have had it three weeks at this stage or will they replace it on only my word that It wasn't my fault that it was broken ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

notadoctor wrote: »
    Hi all,
    on the 6th of this month I bought a tablet from argos and kept it up until today as a birthday present for my partner, she hadnt got it turned on two minutes when the screen started to go what can only be described as staticy and then it switched off. My question is where do I stand on this it only happened an hour ago so argos was closed I am wondering if I go in willi be laughed out of the shop as I have had it three weeks at this stage or will they replace it on only my word that It wasn't my fault that it was broken ?

Argos have a very good return policy from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 notadoctor

ebbsy wrote: »
    Argos have a very good return policy from my experience.

so do you think i will have a chance then ? it still has all the plastic and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Hi all,

Have you made sure that its charged. Could be as simple as that. Plug it in and leave it for a while before switching on. Some devices come with only a little charge in the battery. Argos by all accounts and from personal experience are very good are refunds or replacements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

so do you think i will have a chance then ? it still has all the plastic and everything

Shouldn't be a problem. As said above, Argos are pretty good for returns.

Have you made sure that its charged. Could be as simple as that. Argos by all accounts and from personal experience are very good are refunds or replacements

when It happened I plugged it in and left it a good 5 minutes and nothing, and it came out of the box with half a charge on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

when It happened I plugged it in and left it a good 5 minutes and nothing, and it came out of the box with half a charge on it.

That rules that out so. Sounds like a loose connection internally or a fault

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Even if you had been using it since the 6th it would be expected that something like a tablet would last more than 20 days so regardless if it's faulty you'll be fine. As others have said Argos are generally good for returns anyway.

sillysocks wrote: »
    Even if you had been using it since the 6th it would be expected that something like a tablet would last more than 20 days so regardless if it's faulty you'll be fine. As others have said Argos are generally good for returns anyway.

That is such a relief, Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I wouldn't mind but this is not a cheaper tablet but I will be changing it for a different brand as this never happened with any other brand of tablet ive bought

• Advertisement
Advertisement