Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO World Trophy

• 26-05-2016 10:09pm
    Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭

Can't believe there's no thread on this magnificent tournament for the BDO, but its on this weekend, starting Saturday at 12pm and finishing Monday night. Every dart live on free to air Dave TV..

Hard to look past the favorites for it, Woflie, Durrant, Waite's or Mitchell I think winner is one of them..

Great to see BDO on TV following the recent dilemmas with Deluxe

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Have to say, I'm surprised at the quality of this production, obviously not perfect but better than any BBC coverage. Excellent commentary team too.Just a pity that the quality of darts been thrown is horrid. Painful to watch at times, but its only first round so Im confident it'll improve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Watched a bit earlier and enjoyed it.

Good to have some competitive darts on after the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nice to have darts on Dave.

mdwexford wrote:
    Good to have some competitive darts on after the premier league.

What about that "Big TV Major" that was on last night lol

Jeff Smith knocked out in first round to Mark McGeeney, first big shock..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Dear oh, fair play to them for jazzing up the coverage but it is funny to watch, some of the walk on music is abysmal lol.

Guy lost a dart earlier after a bounce out, took them a good minute to fish it out from the fixture below the board.

Surprised to see Wesley Harms get beaten by a relative unknown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I like that its advertised as a £150K prize fund, yet £50K of that prize fund is reserved for a 9 dart finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I like that its advertised as a £150K prize fund, yet £50K of that prize fund is reserved for a 9 dart finish.

And given the quality of the darts I'd say that 50k is safe :)

Watching O Shea and Machin and the standard is fairly average and the crowd seem subdued.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

The men get walk on girls.
    The women get walk on boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

..and the winners are...
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/36416135

• Advertisement
Advertisement