Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first challenge

Options
  • 26-05-2016 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Having been a crossfitter and leisure cyclist for a few years back in 2011 and 2012 I became fairly addicted to health and wellbeing. I reduced my weight from 103kg down to 80kg and I really enjoyed the healthy lifestyle.

Since then a bit of a hip injury, relocation back to ireland a stressful lifestyle has led to me putting on quite a bit of weight (back to 95kg) and less healthy. I have dabbled in the gym but the lack of a challenge really prevents me from feeling like I am achieving anything.

I have just picked up a new bike and I am hoping to lock myself into some sort of endurance/duathlon event for the end of the summer. However, I'm pretty nervous I will be really really slow!

I can easily run 5km
    I can easily cycle 20km

Putting them together and doing multiples of this is not something I have tried.

Has anybody got any advice on some events that could get me started with perhaps a long term goal towards the end of the year?

I will probably go back to a paleo diet with high levels of clean carbs for events which has proven in the past to drop the weight from me.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

adventure racing might be a good option, especially the one day events to start at least. have a look at the killarney adventure race in sept

Advertisement