Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery - eVic VTC Mini with Tron-S Kit

• 26-05-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Picked up one of these but didnt realize that there's no battery in the pack :(

Doesn't seem like a normal rechargeable battery will fit.

Anyone any idea where I can pick up a cheap battery in Dublin. Thinking of ordering from aliexpress (seen few cheap ones) but that will take time for delivery.

If anyone has one of these kit, please let me know what kind of battery will fit.

If anyone has a spare battery, I will take it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Picked up one of these but didnt realize that there's no battery in the pack :(

Doesn't seem like a normal rechargeable battery will fit.

Anyone any idea where I can pick up a cheap battery in Dublin.

The eVic Mini takes an 18650 battery, can be purchased from the majority of ecig online stores. I'm sure you would be able to pick one up in Dublin somewhere if you were badly stuck. Maybe someone on here can direct you on that :)

In know with fasttech, batteries take a lot longer than usual to get through customs etc.. so you might be better off purchasing of an irish/english vendor.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Get a Samsung, Sony or LG 18650. You're better off to get a charger for it too. Charging via usb will work, but it's a lot slower, and many advise against it. As there's no surge protection or cut off like you get with dedicated wall chargers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Get a Samsung, Sony or LG 18650. You're better off to get a charger for it too. As there's no surge protection or cut off like you get with dedicated wall chargers.
    +1 Sony VTC's , Samsung or LG are honestly the only batteries that you should consider using for vaping.

The reason - they are the only ones capable of withstanding the constant high current draw from the current crop of sub-ohm tanks.

Do not under any circumstances buy a "cheap" battery - good ones are under a tenner, bad ones will not last as long at all and are a safety hazard in any device capable of throwing out 75 watts. Best case scenario, it'll vape like crap.

Get a dedicated charger too - something like a Nitecore i2, the charging port is only really designed for emergency situations and updating the software. I have 3 mates with damaged USB ports on their VTC's through constant charging and as a result they cannot update their firmware or charge via usb.

I'd recommend 2 batteries at minimum of them so one is always fully charged.
    Charging via usb will work, but it's a lot slower, and many advise against it.

Its actually too fast! They can charge at 2.1 Amps from USB (Powerbanks and some USB ports will allow it) which is far too much to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

was.deevey wrote: »

Its actually too fast! They can charge at 2.1 Amps from USB (Powerbanks and some USB ports will allow it) which is far too much to be safe.

Aha! for some reason I thought the opposite, never actually tried it personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

You won't have to worry about a 2amp charge. The device charges at under 1amp. See here - https://youtu.be/USSJ0A2PEn8?t=26m1s

• Advertisement

You won't have to worry about a 2amp charge. The device charges at under 1amp. See here - https://youtu.be/USSJ0A2PEn8?t=26m1s

My battery is completely full after an hour long charge on the 2.1 output on a Powerbank from dead/low bat warning - It takes 3.5+ for a full charge with my Nitecore with Samsung Greens.

Just going from my own experiences ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Vtc , R25, HG2 , they support 4A rapid charge, I won't be worried about 2A

http://eu.nkon.nl/sk/k/hg2.pdf

alec76 wrote: »

Vtc , R25, HG2 , they support 4A rapid charge, I won't be worried about 2A

http://eu.nkon.nl/sk/k/hg2.pdf
    Not the battery I'd be worried about (at least not decent ones) .. more the charging circuit. it gets bloody hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone has any opinion about Panasonic NCR18650B Vs Samsung 30Q?

No to the Panasonic - its got a large capacity, but low current draw limit, fine for LED flashlights or perhaps in dual/triple battery devices.

Sony, Samsungs and LG are around 30amps each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Thanks.

This looks like a decent price:
    http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_232875.html

Advertisement