Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Whats the impression so far? I'll be jumping on 2mrw to have a blast, looking forward to it hoping its as good as it looks.

Playing with a mate, just pissing around. It's good for lols

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It is a hell of alot better with mates.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

We noticed something when infiltrating a compound guarded by challenging enemies.

We went in first during the day and noticed large roaming patrols of high level enemies.

When we came back at night time a good few of the patrols were asleep in their quarters making it easier to enter and exit the compound unnoticed.

We stayed for a while and noticed that has the sun began to rise the soldiers began to wake and resume their patrols.

We noticed something when infiltrating a compound guarded by challenging enemies.

We went in first during the day and noticed large roaming patrols of high level enemies.

When we came back at night time a good few of the patrols were asleep in their quarters making it easier to enter and exit the compound unnoticed.

We stayed for a while and noticed that has the sun began to rise the soldiers began to wake and resume their patrols.

Yeah, I had to infiltrate a huge base in the new area. Really secure compound walked all the way around it and found a huge tank, hoped in and drove right in the front gate that automatically opened for me and no one fired on me.....they obviously taught I was one of them.

Same thing with the UNIDAD patrols if you rob one of the cars you can drive around and they dont shoot you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Once you get the Grenade launcher Stealth goes out the window. Such a satisfying "gunk" noise from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I played a bit yesterday but the vehicle controls just put me completely off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played it briefly last night, and put the difficulty right up. Seems pretty good so far, so i'll give it a decent play over the weekend.

I love that enemies actually die when you shoot them in the head (i'm looking at you Division).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a few hours lastnight,quite a few times the ai just ignored their buddies body i just killed with sniper rifle from range,literally just walking over the body which is disappointing.

As much as I'm enjoying messing about with the beta I'm pretty sure I wont be making a purchase as already I can see repetition is setting in.
    Played solo so maybe its a lot better co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Dcully wrote: »
    Played a few hours lastnight,quite a few times the ai just ignored their buddies body i just killed with sniper rifle from range,literally just walking over the body which is disappointing.

That's disappointing. I was playing Sniper Elite 4 the other night and noticed an enemy run in to carry an injured soldier to safety that I had shot, I would have expected something similar from this game!

New area is okay but so big and barren that getting around is a pain in the ass. You spend so much time chasing down vehicles ( I know you can unlock vehicle drop off) making a chopper an absolute must which are few and far between and if around heavily guarded. Then when you do get one the controls are the BIGGEST let down in this game, so unresponsive and dont get me started on missile launchers every 30 secs and UNIDAD choppers every 2 mins......granted I have the difficulty level raised but that should not affect the travel in the game just the missions IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    New area is okay but so big and barren that getting around is a pain in the ass. You spend so much time chasing down vehicles ( I know you can unlock vehicle drop off) making a chopper an absolute must which are few and far between and if around heavily guarded. Then when you do get one the controls are the BIGGEST let down in this game, so unresponsive and dont get me started on missile launchers every 30 secs and UNIDAD choppers every 2 mins......granted I have the difficulty level raised but that should not affect the travel in the game just the missions IMHO.

Pro Tip: Grenade launcher takes down a chopper in one shot. That defend the radio mission is much easier with a grenade launcher and well placed mines.

I am worried about he repetition I have it pre ordered and I got bored last night waiting around for others to finish the 1st mission, I think it did it 11 times yesterday.

Dcully wrote: »

As much as I'm enjoying messing about with the beta I'm pretty sure I wont be making a purchase as already I can see repetition is setting in.
    Played solo so maybe its a lot better co-op.
    I am getting the opposite. Maybe it's just glitched.

If they come across a body they group up and set off an alarm and then call in reinforcements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll probably get it, but only cause i have the code from the new graphics card.
    tony1980 wrote: »
    That's disappointing. I was playing Sniper Elite 4 the other night and noticed an enemy run in to carry an injured soldier to safety that I had shot, I would have expected something similar from this game!

You shot him in the balls while he carried his friend, didn't you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll probably get it, but only cause i have the code from the new graphics card.

You shot him in the balls while he carried his friend, didn't you? :p

I couldn't resist :D

I am beginning to suspect that my guys have special powers.

Cant enter the youtube URL. The site keeps treating it like a censored word

https://youtu.be/Eckz1jb****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

is there something with the Sniper rifle in this game that you have to aim high to account for distance? Several times I've scoped enemies bang on in the head while they stand still and it's a miss, or is the rifle just inaccurate?

I even tried it with a sheep from as far away as I could reasonably see it, bang in the middle of the face and the sheep got up and walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Also, has anyone else noticed that it's generally really tough to find high ground from which to snipe in the early missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Are your AI team mates still useless. As in do you have to position them yourself when lining up sync shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

huge download for the ps4. 23gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Big Boss

32251340314_5cbf83bbff_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Big Boss

32251340314_5cbf83bbff_c.jpg

Just booted up, seen the nickname snake and then the eye patch. Instantly thought of Big Boss. Funny seeing as i only finished it a couole of days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

I think this is pretty accurate:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still more of a co op game then than a single player ?

Went into the second area and I have to say I am very impressed. The difficulty shot right up.

We went to fly near a compound and a SAM launcher shot us down. We jumped out and parachuted down to the the outskirts of the base where we where attacked by patrols and mortar rounds that were coming from the back of the compound. We eventually were killed.

Later at night time we killed some key people that gave us access to missile sites and we rigged C4 and after we escaped the compound we triggered the explosion. Really cool to watch.

It's a game that is very rough around the edges yet it looks like they have made a really fun game. I am commenting about co-op.

It's definitely in my must buy list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I've had a lot of fun with my mates playing this but the unless the missions start adding a bit of variety and hardsip I can't see why you would buy this game. After the closed and open beta I feel the finished product isn't going to be amazing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I'm really enjoying it. I cleared the first area and moved on to another which has ramped up the challenge nicely. Tried a bit of co-op with a friend, but he wasn't really digging it as much as me.

It's a nice mix of Far Cry 2 and MGS 5 which I like, but I can see the game play getting repetitive for some as there doesn't appear to be a huge amount of variety of mission types.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Put quite a bit of time into it and really enjoyed it [to a point] but its close to one of the most repetitive games ive ever played so its off my buy list.

30 hours to download this beta. Is it worth it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

cena wrote: »
    30 hours to download this beta. Is it worth it??

Sure it'l be over by the time you have it downloaded.

• Advertisement

Sure it'l be over by the time you have it downloaded.

So I may as well not get it

Advertisement