Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You using smoke signals to download????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You using smoke signals to download????

no. I don't have fibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

cena wrote: »
    no. I don't have fibre

2mb connection in rest mode overnight would surely have the best part of it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's pretty decent, may buy it, sunk all this afternoon into the first of the two areas - sync shots are great craic with the sniper rifles

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cena wrote: »
    30 hours to download this beta. Is it worth it??

Restart your router.
    it's pretty decent, may buy it, sunk all this afternoon into the first of the two areas - sync shots are great craic with the sniper rifles

Were you playing on your own or with people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shared this moment earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Just poured a big mug of tea, ready to settle in for a few hours of this. Can't get on at all, services unavailable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Some good games today gonna leave the pre order in place.

You get an M4A1 for completing the story but you cant mod it so loose the nade launcher if you pick it.

Got to level 16 from repeating a few missions.

Restart your router.

Were you playing on your own or with people?

solo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Sure it'l be over by the time you have it downloaded.

Hope the guy downloaded it anyway, he would of got plenty of hours in if he was on the fence about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

For me i dont think its must buy, kinda see the appeal but i just dont think it'll be a long time game.
    New zelda will be my next purchase, just going to have to steal my newphew's WiiU for a few weeks

Got a lovely AUG from a mission yesterday thing is a beast, love the gun sounds in the game especially with the supressor off. Will deffo buy it but might not be day one purchase....not yet.

pre ordered this afternoon :) cant wait to get into this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pre ordered this afternoon :) cant wait to get into this

From where?

From where?

steam

Finished the open beta missions, have to say I honestly dont think the game is worth the €69.99 price even €59 would be too much. I will pick it up when reduced down the line.

it's 59 for the deluxe edition on steam

45 from ubi store for the deluxe edition if you use 20 uplay points for the discount.

Beta is closed now apparently, so who else preordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Where's the cheapest place to get this on digital download. CD keys don't seem to have it

• Advertisement

I didnt cancel my preorder, had a few decent games over the weekend.

Would like it to be harder tho.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I didnt cancel my preorder, had a few decent games over the weekend.

Would like it to be harder tho.

I noticed the difference between the zones in difficulty, i'm hoping it scales up as ye move around the map like the division.

One issue i had is that bodies disappear after while, and while the AI patrols seemingly randomly, they sometimes walk over where you've shot someone and just dont care about the weapon lying on the ground instead of raising the alarm.

That said though, the stealth is a lot better than other games. I particularly like the sync shot kills, the bullet speed and dip over long range, so you have to lead a snipe target - plus ye can shoot through thin walls.

We tried to bait the attack chopper so we could steal it, which meant getting "4 stars" and laying waste to hundreds of army lads.

Didnt work :( we couldnt take it down without exploding it and we tried many many different ways.

Managed to get the M4 Comp scope which is 300m outside the map, by being creative with choppers and crashing them.

I managed to kill myself in an APC while i was skyrim horse driving up a mountain, skidded, slid down and passed the border, couldn't stop, rolled, lol'd, and 15 seconds of that later it killed me :D

I haven't pre-ordered it however its a definite buy for me.

I think it will drop in price further so I am going to hold out. There seems to be a lot of content. 21 provinces with 5/6 story missions in each along with side missions. I was happy that side missions were not a chore and were very helpful with unlocking more skills and equipment.

It's done quite well so I can forgive that it's a bit rough around the edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I really enjoyed the game especially playing with a full squad of mates. Although as mentioned previously, I don't think the game is completely polished and will require a few updates before it warrants a full price purchase. The Division really came into its own after a full year of updates and was half the price by then too! Think I will hold out until later rather than sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 9 techgraphix

Im keeping my pre-order going. Didnt have much of a chance to play with friends but I can see potential for a good few hours of fun there. It's quite unpolished but i the gun feel (apart from the sounds) makes the game feel quite rewarding. It has it's issues no doubt, but at least it's something a little bit different.

These cartel fellows should really watch where they are going.

wpPN6u1.gif

Really tempted too get it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

No PVP is putting me off.

Advertisement