Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah, seems to be working now - i'd no idea it was working til late last night either.

up to yourselfs - i can scrap this one if ye wanna make another more appropriate one with an Irish fleg :P

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Whats the overall opinions so far lads? Will it tide ye over for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

yeah, seems to be working now - i'd no idea it was working til late last night either.

up to yourselfs - i can scrap this one if ye wanna make another more appropriate one with an Irish fleg :P

Go with your one dude if it's working bi'll scrap the boards one tonite when I get home :)

I'll see if I can send a request to Join yours as well

Whats the overall opinions so far lads? Will it tide ye over for a while?

Should do, loads to see and do in it :)
    _DMac_ wrote: »
    Go with your one dude if it's working bi'll scrap the boards one tonite when I get home :)

I'll see if I can send a request to Join yours as well

Yeah, coolbeans

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Degrassi you had BAMF in front of your name last night.

And your speakers made every noise come out twice, Teamspeak :D We will have loads on later playing.

Good fun failing missions last night, I was on extreme and was easily downed 30 times by one shot. I like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While playing extreme and an enemy spots you does that orange ui thingy show what direction you are spotted and shot from? I hope that off in extreme?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Degrassi you had BAMF in front of your name last night.

And your speakers made every noise come out twice, Teamspeak :D We will have loads on later playing.

Good fun failing missions last night, I was on extreme and was easily downed 30 times by one shot. I like that.

That was so you could hear me picking you up 5 times in a row xD
    Yeah, the game by default has the mic as always on - took me a while to figure that out. Also using speakers, so yeah.. i suck

I've sent out invites to you and one or two others from my friendslist - giza shout on degrassinoel or here and i'll add ye to the BAMF's Holy Stone of Clonrickard Boards.ie gaming community ;)
    or click and join it here https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/16246/The-Holy-Stone-of-Clonrickard

Should do, loads to see and do in it :)

Yeah, coolbeans

I still can't find the task force. Are you on pc or PS4?

I wonder will it only show task forces for which ever version you are playing?

It's for pc - ye have to login to see it apparently

Ah rite. I'm in PS4 that's why it's not working so. I spose I can make a PS4 task force so if it won't allow cross platform groups

• Advertisement

suppose it makes sense if there's no cross platform play, still, annoying :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The website seems to be all sorts of broken atm :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Skip to the last minute or so for Degrassis ummm landing? Its called a landing when a plane hits the ground yeah?

any landing you can walk away from :)

Ps4 boards take force. Hopefully this one will work this time :)

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/16480/BoardsIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Whats the cheapest people are seeing this on PC?

Cheapest ive seen it is on cdkeys for €42.50

EDIT: Gamesplanet have the base game for under €40

https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-wildlands-uplay-key--3051-1?ref=itad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

is there many playing on PC?
    Would be tempted to get it if there was a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sickened the Beta didn't save progress.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought it from gamesplanet today and really enjoying it.
    Skyrim with guns :)
    Playing hardest difficulty with all hud off and oh yes this is what I wanted, really tough and tactical.
    Extreme difficulty is one thing but hud off is an entirely different experience, no more big orange circles above enemy heads etc.
    This forces you to play tactically,so far its very engrossing but I urge people to try it on extreme with no hud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Quite enjoyable in co-op,reminds me slightly of just cause. Beautiful open world with all sorts of random stuff to come across. Not really feeling a major tactical aspect to it but thats ok by me because its just good fun so far.

That may turn out to be the downfall of the game for people who want to spend a lot of time with it but for me it feels very accessible right now. Ill be playing more tomorrow so lets see how it fairs with sober eyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

tucked into it last night, really enjoyed it, very basic at the start but have gotten a sniper rifle now so intend on changing up the gameplay a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was wary of picking it up, but after dabbling for about an hour or so last night, I absolutely love it. I've only played it on Normal difficulty at the moment, so it's really like Just Cause (I'm loving zipping down mountain sides on a motor bike). Does anyone know if you can change difficulty mid game? Or will I have to start again?

Also, with regards to co-op, if there's two of you playing, are the other two characters AI controlled, and if so, who gives them commands?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

humanji wrote: »
    I was wary of picking it up, but after dabbling for about an hour or so last night, I absolutely love it. I've only played it on Normal difficulty at the moment, so it's really like Just Cause (I'm loving zipping down mountain sides on a motor bike). Does anyone know if you can change difficulty mid game? Or will I have to start again?

Also, with regards to co-op, if there's two of you playing, are the other two characters AI controlled, and if so, who gives them commands?

You can change difficulty at any time from Pause menu.
    If you play co-op there are no squad AI (so just the 2/3/4 of you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Does this work as a single player campaign, or is it really targetted at multiplayer or co-op.

Im a loner when it comes to gaming, only really like single player campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

mcgovern wrote: »
    You can change difficulty at any time from Pause menu.
    If you play co-op there are no squad AI (so just the 2/3/4 of you).
    Cheers.
    budhabob wrote: »
    Does this work as a single player campaign, or is it really targetted at multiplayer or co-op.

Im a loner when it comes to gaming, only really like single player campaigns.
    I've been playing it solo and it works well. Though your squad mates seem to decide where they want to stand. As in, you're sneaking up to an area and they either hang back (usually on a main road as enemies pass) or they spread out and sometimes head in front of you. So far it hasn't caused any issues (enemies don't really seem to see them until they're out in the open).

I'm playing on PC with mouse and keyboard and the only major issue I've had is issuing commands on the fly is a pain. I have to hold TAB, then a radial menu appears which I have to use the middle mouse wheel to roll through the various options (group up, go over there, etc) and then click the mouse button to select. It's not intuitive, and feels like you should be able to just push the mouse towards the option you want to select.

i'm on pc as well, if anyone is looking to hook up for some co-op i'm on for that. play most of my multiplayer on xbox so limited with friends on pc so happy to join up with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Whats the PS4 playerbase like here lads/ If I get this there is no way I am joining random lobbies. As my experience in the beta was joining randoms and having 4 people off shooting random **** at 4 corners of the map. Or when we finally managed to get our **** together, there was no co-ordination or tactics, just lads ramboing it into the base,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

watching a live twitch here, this game is essentially division in bolivia amirite

noyou'renot

• Advertisement

it's a lot more detailed than the division

Advertisement