Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

division is a looter. this isn't. two very different game types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's similarities no doubt. Plenty of loot in this too. It's just a lot more open ended than the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

mossym wrote: »
    division is a looter. this isn't. two very different game types

That's good to hear I hated the loot aspect of division.

• No time to add another Ubisoft grind-fest onto an already mental backlog of games.
    The game-play looks uninspired. Good fun in coop I'd suspect in short bursts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

There's similarities no doubt. Plenty of loot in this too. It's just a lot more open ended than the division.

the loot is mainly cosmetic though. in a looter like the division you need the better gear to do the better missions. here, it might give you other options on how to do them, but it's not required to grind gear to get missions done.

i don't think you;d call what's in this game loot compared to what is loot in a proper looter like the division

• Advertisement

No, but upgrading guns like in the division does help quite a bit.

I ran into the UMADA lads on one of the missions, is there a way to stop them? They just kept coming no matter how many I killed. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

No, but upgrading guns like in the division does help quite a bit.

I ran into the UMADA lads on one of the missions, is there a way to stop them? They just kept coming no matter how many I killed. Really annoying.

Lol, Unidad forces are like the cops in GTA. They keep coming at you harder and harder until you lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

A hardened difficulty is definitely the way to go with this. Also, the map is fecking huge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

playing it the last two days both solo and in a group, these are my thoughts on it.

It plays really well as a solo game and could potentially last someone for weeks or months just doing the vanilla campaign. Depending on your playstyle this game could last an extremely long time. It has some AI issues, specifically with friendly ai doing dumb things - but every game with AI like this has that problem, it's forgivable (most of the time).

Gearing up - you can do this or not do it, all weapons kill efficiently enough that you could nail a boss with the same weapons you initially started with. That being said, some units have armour and while a headshot will kill instantly, a centremass shot wont always do the same job.

Long range shots are somewhat realistic, in that the bullet/s (and you watch them travel in realtime) will dip over extreme ranges, so you need to take elevation into account while shooting something half a mile away, which is a good feature, considering if you miss, your target will undoubtedly freak out and try to raise the alarm while taking cover.

Grouping up, can be hilarious. Robbing a helicopter and "flying" it as i do.. which isnt very well, can wind up being the funniest thing i've ever seen in a game, wholly unintentionally, but in the right hands the same thing could be a really fantastic experience.

Taking your time either by yourself or with a few mates to scope out a mission, and stealth your way through it or go in balls out killing everything while howling with laughter is genuinely a good co-op experience.

The vehicles could have been done a bit better but when you contrast what the game lacks with what it doesnt, this is a game that's worth the 60 quid imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked this up today for 51 quid in Argos, good price, going to get stuck in on PS 4 over weekend if anyone wants to add me, markcahill1985 PSN

• Advertisement

what if your friends are further on in the campaign than you are, can they still play through the missions with you? can you still play with them if you havent done missions?

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what if your friends are further on in the campaign than you are, can they still play through the missions with you? can you still play with them if you havent done missions?

You can yeah, you get an option of selecting whatever mission they are on.

IvoryTower wrote: »

You can replay all the missions with people who have not done them yet.
    I'm not sure what way that works in reverse though

Oh, and you'll get the XP or resource rewards for it too.

yeah its the other way around would be a problem for me, my friends tend to stay up late weeknights so would be miles ahead id imagine

would make sense that it wouldnt affect your progress solo - but i'm honestly not sure

streaming a bit solo here if you wanna take a gander

https://youtu.be/u48UUrz-4x8

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Whats the PS4 playerbase like here lads/ If I get this there is no way I am joining random lobbies. As my experience in the beta was joining randoms and having 4 people off shooting random **** at 4 corners of the map. Or when we finally managed to get our **** together, there was no co-ordination or tactics, just lads ramboing it into the base,

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/16480/BoardsIRL

boards ps4 group. really enjoying it and prefer the tactical team up side of it. add me on psn if you want to try the game.

psn Denny_Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im on Overwatch Degrassi and Stokolan are on the ground. This is a 2nd attempt as the 1st didnt go so well.

I have mixed results :D

Sniping in this game is so satisfying, the TWOP sound as a bullet lands is excellent.

My amazing stealth approach :cool:

I am unrivaled in my stealth ability.

*Now help me pick this thing up before its daylight :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really loving the game now at extreme difficulty with markers and mini map off for a serious challenge.
    Only problem I have with this is objectives and ammo crates etc are invisible too unless you physically find them, if only I could have them on but markers and map off.

Anyone remember project igi from years ago? extreme reminds me of it a lot.
    Playing this way is gonna take so long as the world seems huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Quick unrelated question, but what are people using to record themselves playing? I'm going to try and get my 75 year old day playing co-op, so may have to record it for prosperity.

humanji wrote: »
    Quick unrelated question, but what are people using to record themselves playing? I'm going to try and get my 75 year old day playing co-op, so may have to record it for prosperity.
    What platform are you playing the game on?

What platform are you playing the game on?
    Sorry, PC. I know there's a few bits of software for it, but have no idea which is best.

If anyone is having issues with base jumping have a read of this. I was wondering why I wasn't getting an option to deploy a chute on falls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/5y3554/999_of_my_deaths_so_far/

Some people are saying on...

XB1 you press "A" immediately after jumping off a ledge.

Hold X (ps4) and run at edge.

I'll need to test it.

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry, PC. I know there's a few bits of software for it, but have no idea which is best.

What graphics card are you using?

If you are using an Nvidia card ShadowPlay is a great option which runs on the Geforce experience program.

I am not sure of the equivalent on AMD graphics cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nvidia have Gefore experience (used to be called Shadowplay) I have it set to record the last 5 minutes

AMD have Replay or ReLive which does the exact same thing.

Both work very well with no performance issues, also both can upload to youtube immediatley if you want.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nvidia have Gefore experience (used to be called Shadowplay) I have it set to record the last 5 minutes

AMD have Replay or ReLive which does the exact same thing.

Both work very well with no performance issues, also both can upload to youtube immediatley if you want.
    Cheers, I'm on Nvidia. I didn't realise the Geforce experience recorded play. Thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just installing now on PS4.
    razer_irl is PS user name.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

Im on Overwatch Degrassi and Stokolan are on the ground. This is a 2nd attempt as the 1st didnt go so well.

I have mixed results :D

Sniping in this game is so satisfying, the TWOP sound as a bullet lands is excellent.

Got a 537 metre sniper shot earlier on that stream :P More than half a kilometre, ye'd wanna see the drop on the bullet lol

Also, got TS to work finally, reinstalled sound drivers, so yeah.. not shy :P

Advertisement