Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

downloading on PC....uplay name is Airblazer if anyone wants to add me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sent you one there Blazer (Davrondomar).

Good fun this evening with Noel and kdjac (and friend). One or two questionable helicopter decisions made I will admit! Still, it was a good laugh, lots of stuff picked up and skill points acquired, GG all!

Shiminay wrote: »
    Sent you one there Blazer (Davrondomar).

Good fun this evening with Noel and kdjac (and friend). One or two questionable helicopter decisions made I will admit! Still, it was a good laugh, lots of stuff picked up and skill points acquired, GG all!

will be on tomorrow night..still downloading with about 30 mins to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So much to do and its not boring doing it simply because you can **** it up in spectacular ways.

Example: Steal a chopper located on the edge of a base.

Option A Drone and spot everything, silently work throught it like Sam Fishers favourite love child.
    Option B Quickly move in and silently engage only those near the chopper, take it and fly off.
    Option C Steam in a humvee with a mini gun blasting everything, everything blasts back and everyone dies and the chopper explodes.

Guess what Shim and Degrassi picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

One of the lads in my squad base jumping.

UXaRqYs.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is this PvP?

Lads is this PvP?

No. PvE but they will be adding a 4v4 PVP mode later however this will be a really small part of the game.

When your co-op buddy asks where you are....

Dude!!!!! LOOK UP

bnblYTZ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Getting a freezing/stuttering issue when i come up to a new area or a mission,the screen totally freezes for about 2 seconds then the game resumes. No big deal but hopefully gets sorted.

Having a blast just running around just doing random stuff,the story is bloody awful when it does chime in but ive found it can be safely ignored. Just trying to expand my arsenal a bit. Find myself turtling along and taking out random groups of enemies for fun and checking for loot/intel in the little towns. Playing on advanced solo,extreme when playing in a group.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Getting a freezing/stuttering issue when i come up to a new area or a mission,the screen totally freezes for about 2 seconds then the game resumes. No big deal but hopefully gets sorted.

Having a blast just running around just doing random stuff,the story is bloody awful when it does chime in but ive found it can be safely ignored. Just trying to expand my arsenal a bit. Find myself turtling along and taking out random groups of enemies for fun and checking for loot/intel in the little towns. Playing on advanced solo,extreme when playing in a group.
    I am actual finding the story interesting but the way it is presented is horrible. Important story videos are just little video prompts off to one corner of the screen instead of being automatically rolled as you complete certain objectives. When you watch them in the menu they are amazing. Really well made with good story info in them.

Some of the lads missed the videos so lost out on the story line until I reminded them that they can access the videos in the menu screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

dreamers75 wrote: »

To be fair.... Noel was driving and aimed right at the chopper :P
    EoinHef wrote: »

Are you on a mechanical hard drive? I get the same and it's happening in a few games, but only on the ones I have installed on a mechanical drive (which I think is starting to fade out and I need to get a second SSD).

I dont know it just feels a bit OTT and silly to me,but its not a problem,i dont need much context to murder whole villages of people on a whim:p

Its actually great fun:D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Are you on a mechanical hard drive? I get the same and it's happening in a few games, but only on the ones I have installed on a mechanical drive (which I think is starting to fade out and I need to get a second SSD).

Yup,literally have a tab open looking at the 500gb MX300 on amazon right now. Im sure its something they can work on though. Its seems its a widely enough reported issue,id expect they will improve it.

One of the last videos we made from the open beta. Major faceplant :pac:

*opps, already posted it pre-launch.

995w3.jpg

I have it on an SSD with no issues but when one of the others gets the load issue I get it too, this has happened a few times with the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dreamers75 wrote: »
    So much to do and its not boring doing it simply because you can **** it up in spectacular ways.

Example: Steal a chopper located on the edge of a base.

Option A Drone and spot everything, silently work throught it like Sam Fishers favourite love child.
    Option B Quickly move in and silently engage only those near the chopper, take it and fly off.
    Option C Steam in a humvee with a mini gun blasting everything, everything blasts back and everyone dies and the chopper explodes.

Video or it didn't happen :D

I actually got an achievment for that - "road warrior" lol

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No time to add another Ubisoft grind-fest onto an already mental backlog of games.
    The game-play looks uninspired. Good fun in coop I'd suspect in short bursts.

Fairly accurate!

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/03/09/ghost-recon-wildlands-review?page=2

Will upload it later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

the general gist seems to be coop is a blast so thats good enough for me, will pick it up in argos later

IvoryTower wrote: »
    the general gist seems to be coop is a blast so thats good enough for me, will pick it up in argos later

Yes, that's spot on. The difference between solo play and co-op is huge. Fantastic craic in co-op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Yes, that's spot on. The difference between solo play and co-op is huge. Fantastic craic in co-op.

Is it easy to join a coop game with randomers?

Left in the convoy before that to show that we actually can do things correctly.

:D

Is it easy to join a coop game with randomers?
    Very easy although I highly recommend playing with people on your friends list. After a couple of games with randomers you might find a decent group.... maybe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

streaming a bit more solo here, not quite as mental as last night
    http://youtu.be/ubPC2qSs3ic

When your squad mate turns out to be James Bond in an aerial crisis :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It is but play on extreme with no hud solo for a really tactical experience and a great challenge, at times its more fun that co-op.

The "ninjas" shenanigans tonight.

I love how I called Nitro dropping in on me. Dav and Eriks attempt at a stealth entrance also worked.

really must stop being so trigger happy..so far multiple civilian and rebel kills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This game is way better than I expected. Any PC players wanna co-op?

• Advertisement

This game is way better than I expected. Any PC players wanna co-op?

kdjac on uplay, use TS tho.

Advertisement