Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Between nvidia driver and game updates this is running much better for me. Really is a very good looking game maxed out. And performance is good.

Some very satisfying stealth moments,ive found stealth to be optional in a lot of missions so just setting myself the challenge of trying to get in and out with minimal fuss. When it all comes together its quite pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This game is way better than I expected. Any PC players wanna co-op?

Airblazer on uplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hope they fixed the issue where I play the game on extreme and a friend joins my game and they are on arcade or normal mode thus making the game piss easy for them while enemies are still on extreme for me, cant believe this got through testing.
    Its should just default to first players difficulty setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Sounds like something they might want tbh. Set the difficulty to your level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Anyone else experiencing extreme delays downloading this? Currently downloading for 10 hours and says another 14 left...

On Ps4 by the way, paused and restarted the download a couple of times to see if things improved, no avail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You downloading via Wifi or LAN? The wifi cards are a joke in the ps4's, I usually bust out a cable when I've a big download to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Wheres the cheapest place to download this on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So is it worth buying ? My friend described it to me as GTA on the battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

So is it worth buying ? My friend described it to me as GTA on the battlefield

Was just thinking that this morning. I never played gta online though so not sure if that's the same. A cross between gta and division, without divisions epic grind

The thing I like about the coop is I can jump in with my friends even though they're miles ahead on the campaign and it doesn't make any odds. So there's no reason that I can never play with them which was a big problem I had with division(at the start, I believe that changed somewhat)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I don't necessarily agree with the GTA comparison, it's closer to a mix of MGS 5 and Just Cause. I'm still loving it in both single player and co-op with some of the lads here when my schedule allows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Im enjoying it . Only play coop tbh on xbox.

The map is so big there is potential of this lasting a long time once it doesnt get too repetitive.

Maybe the hitman style of doing same thing different ways would add to game ( while repetitive you can vary approach) so you can go back and do missions differently.

Some small irritations -

lot of random civilian vehicles exploding and making noise and spinning in the air

Civilians seem undeterred by men creeping around with large guns (maybe on sight they quietly look for cover)

The hard man bosses give up withoit5 much of a fight.

The mini map itself is atrocious im not sure whether it is too small and the icons are too big but its just unhelpful

The big red roads on it help an enemy if he walks along it- caught me out a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

lot of random civilian vehicles exploding and making noise and spinning in the air
    That's actually part of the immersion. Many vehicle explosions are cartel taking out civilians with car bombs and others are rebels taking out cartel vehicles.

That's actually part of the immersion. Many vehicle explosions are cartel taking out civilians with car bombs and others are rebels taking out cartel vehicles.

We were at water yesterday and a bloke was shooting his own boat. Boat had already exploded and was spinnng in the air and exploding over an over.

^^^^^^^^ this rather than your run of the mill cartel shenanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

We were at water yesterday and a bloke was shooting his own boat. Boat had already exploded and was spinnng in the air and exploding over an over.

^^^^^^^^ this rather than your run of the mill cartel shenanigans

It's like watching the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Finally got it downloaded, played first mission, drove right up to farm and hopped out. Dumb idea... I need to brush up on my stealth tactics.

Had a nasty accident. Those darn rebels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I know this is a stupid question but....
    After you kill Yuri & polito I had do you pick the next cartel member to go after?

Looj for the yellow arrows or yellow intel to unlock nore of the story/map.

Seems you can go in any order

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Go into any map zone hunt down major Intel for story missions minor intel for Side missions/Weapons/Points.

Major intel leads to 3 or 4 story missions which unlock the boss of the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 robbiegleeson

Anyone interested in some tactical gameplay on extreme difficulty? I don't find the match making any good and think it would be a whole lot better in co-op with people who want to play tactical/stealth!

• Advertisement

I do feel slightly guilty however technically its the rebels fault.

I'd say fault is 20% me and 80% rebels :D

2DJjN5s.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just bit the bullet on this got 25% in the uplay store, DL as we speak so will be on for ****s and giggles.

I was just about to pull my parachute when this happened.

For those curious about their playstyle listed on the game stats here is what each means https://i.redd.it/ja3cme5wnzly.jpg

I am listed as "Ranger"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Driving is a bit clunky on this I'm finding it easier going cross country basically crashing my way through the jungle rather than going the long way via roads

Damn SAM launcher.... Have they no shame lol.

Uhh nice one Pac....wait till you see the 4th one.

17157760_1356800451026071_6393977509111009424_o.jpg?oh=40256c4ee7a2935d6abde4ff59265d85&oe=595A45B8

17358577_1356800447692738_3625329492756595150_o.jpg?oh=f34bba0d62e6b650494c4c3f92263693&oe=5967664B

Uhh nice one Pac....wait till you see the 4th one.

17157760_1356800451026071_6393977509111009424_o.jpg?oh=40256c4ee7a2935d6abde4ff59265d85&oe=595A45B8

17358577_1356800447692738_3625329492756595150_o.jpg?oh=f34bba0d62e6b650494c4c3f92263693&oe=5967664B

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads my uplay account is Wonda_I3oy (as in capital I and the number 3 in boy) add me for some teamplay and craic I will be on most night. Have a mic so will DL teamspeak or what ever app you use.

Epic chopper take off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I am listed as "Ranger"

Is this displayed in game or just judging off that graph?

Hard to say what id be off that graph,i like taking out the overwatch before i head into an area but after that i try to stealth it. So i suppose id be long range and stealthy?

Advertisement