Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is this displayed in game or just judging off that graph?

Hard to say what id be off that graph,i like taking out the overwatch before i head into an area but after that i try to stealth it. So i suppose id be long range and stealthy?

I was overwatch but then i got the M249 and decided it was more fun to rush whilst everyone did overwatch.

It has not gone well, im pretty sure its them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is this displayed in game or just judging off that graph?

Hard to say what id be off that graph,i like taking out the overwatch before i head into an area but after that i try to stealth it. So i suppose id be long range and stealthy?

It's listed in stats. Go to the in-game loadout section and press on the stats prompt. I think it's also listed on the Ghost recon network website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Great craic today with the lads off here, many thanx to KDJAC for all the help getting the best guns. Will be on in about an hour for some more Johnny English style raids.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Great craic today with the lads off here, many thanx to KDJAC for all the help getting the best guns. Will be on in about an hour for some more Johnny English style raids.....

What most of us are picturing.

crazy-gun-weapon.jpg

How did you know I was Asian???

• Advertisement

Np wondaboy

This game is hilarious at the sheer amount of stupidity other players (notice I said other :D ) bring to simple missions.

I have found all the skills to be nothing more than fluff, get decent guns Mk17, Grenade Launcher, LA1153 and D50 literally nothing else matters. No amount of skills change anything really they are fluff targets to aim for. I dont dislike the game for that. If you are slow and patient every mission is easy, bring in 3 other fcuktards and well there is the fun right there :D

You can "technically" land on the train.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

How long is the campaign in this ? I'm trying to refrain myself from buying anything game related until after my holiday but Argos are selling it for 51 so its tempting.

Its a fairly big game in fairness a hell of alot of content and the world size is huge.....I am only 25% in and playing it for about 3-4 days solid 4-5 hours a day. Can be a bit samey but great craic with friends or co-op.

Worth the €45 all the same. If you have Uplay points use them to get 20-25% off on the website.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Campaign will last 100+ hours if you play it tactically with extreme difficulty and no hud or atleast no enemy markers.
    Lower difficulties you will get through it quicker but the world is massive with tonnes to do.

I logged in lastnight do do a story mission or two, got sidetracked when I found intel for weapon and weapon parts locations then spent 2 hours infiltrating 3 or so large bases to get a few items and a few skill points, its that type of game you can level up and enjoy without touching the campaign if you wanted.
    I didn't like the beta [I think because I played on normal and it was so arcade to me] , but once I watched a few streamers and vids of tactical gameplay with extreme settings I knew I would enjoy it, so far I'm really enjoying it, its a breath of fresh air to play a really tough game.

I am already at 79 hours played with another 8-9 regions to go.

It is so easy to get side tracked in a fun way.

• Advertisement

Finished the main story and final level with 109% of whatever I was doing. Everyone gone from the board before I did the final 2 missions.

The ending is a bit **** but says I can redo the final 2 missions to unlock a new ending, then it says as I have over 100% I have unlocked the other ending :confused:

Massive end spoilers below.
    Ending with 109% is Pac Katari kills Amaru and sends the rebels after you and you have a final battle vs Rebels, Cartel and Unidad at the same time. I literally slaughtered 100s in that fight.

When you get to Sueno he throws Kataris head at you and tells Bowman to answer her phone, she gets told he has full immunity....goes mental and kills him.

Video plays with Bowman talking.

Game drops you back to well not sure really, think i broke it as I dont have the final mission anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I still can't base jump, just results in me face planting a rock 10 feet below when I make any attempt! :pac:

madcabbage wrote: »
    I still can't base jump, just results in me face planting a rock 10 feet below when I make any attempt! :pac:
    LOL, we have all been there. Press A while running off the edge then as you jump pull back on the analog and tap A to deploy your chute.

*it's important to make sure you have enough room to do this.

Yeah deffo need the height or forget about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

2nd right? there was another patch last week

mossym wrote: »
    2nd right? there was another patch last week

No, this is the first post launch patch.

The first update was for the launch of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

No, this is the first post launch patch.

The first update was for the launch of the game.

Not on the PC, the first patch was a day or 2 after launch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Not on the PC, the first patch was a day or 2 after launch.

that's why i was asking, was pretty sure there was a patch a few days after the release

Patch out on PC 5gb or so.
    Hello Ghosts,

We would like to announce the patch notes for our Title Update 2, available on PC on March 22nd and PS4 and Xbox One on March 23rd during morning UTC. We will have a small maintenance in order to update our servers.

The development team focused on improving all areas of the game, from gameplay content to connectivity and stability tweaks. The patch size will be around 3 GB on consoles and up to 5 GB on PC, depending on your client, and an in-game notification will let you know when it’s available. Players in game will need to reboot the game to apply the patch. Please remember that in order to play co-op, all the players will need to have the same version of the game.

In addition to that, following the community feedback we received, we have implemented the option to turn off the radios in the game by default, as well as the option to choose the type of vehicle you want to spawn when using the “Drop Vehicle” rebel skill. Now you should have even more tactical options to plan and execute your missions.

Also, for those of you who love playing with the most hardcore settings and all your HUD elements turned off, we have implemented the option to choose which type intel you want to collect when interacting with files or NPCs. This way the gameplay flow won’t be interrupted and you will be able to discover new missions, skills, and weapons seamlessly, even with all the visual tips turned off.

You can find some PC specific fixes and improvements at the end of the notes. On top of other fixes, the Home, End, Insert, Delete, Page Up, and Page Down keys can now be remapped--making life easier for some players, especially the left-handed ones.

Thanks for your suggestions, Ghosts!

MISSIONS/NARRATION

We received reports of some players having issues with certain missions in the game. After investigating the causes, we have implemented fixes so they can now have a smooth experience. We also fixed an XP farming exploit related to the “Rebellion Rising” mission, which created interference with the co-op experience.

- Adjusted various missions markers & GPS pathfinding.
    - The following missions are now unlocked correctly for players who reported issues:

* Gold Rush
    * Sueño’s proposition
    * Sandoval Dead body
    * El Cerebro
    - Adjusted various mission triggers in order to smoothen the player's progress and game experience.
    - Fixed situations where dialogue and barks would not trigger correctly.
    - The following missions are now replayable:

* El Cerebro
    * Boss missions
    * Sandoval confession
    * Western cocaine cache
    - Fixed infinite XP farming exploit on "Rebellion Rising" mission.
    - NPCs now exit the vehicle properly in "Stop the Convoy" missions

USER INTERFACE

We implemented various fixes and tweaks related to trophy and weapon packs unlocking. We also fixed an issue related to the Charactersmith model not being positioned correctly. On top of that, players who love to play with the HUD completely hidden will now be able to select the type of intel they want to collect when they interact with files or NPCs.

- Players can now select what intel they want to collect, even with all the HUD options turned off.
    - Trophy requirements adjustments:

* The Champion
    * Eagle-Eyed
    * With a Pistol!
    - Fixed some weapon packs not unlocking properly:

* Underbarrels & Rails Pack
    - Fixed Character hiding behind menus in certain situations.
    - HUD now updates when XP boosters are activated.

CO-OP

We detected some replication issues during cooperative sessions between players. This patch should provide a more consistent experience between Ghosts sharing the same game session.

- Corrected various replication issues, such as:

* Paint jobs & attachments not showing correctly in the lobby
    * Rebel Radio explosion not synchronizing
    * Sniper scope glare effect not synchronizing
    * Players seen running beside VHC/bike they should be sitting in
    * Suppressor not synchronizing when removed from a vehicle’s shooting position
    * Burning corpses from systemic events
    * Explosion not replicating if the distance is too high
    - The following achievements should now be awarded to all the players in the two missions below:

* A Better Mousetrap
    * The Cluster Bomber
    - Fixed a bug where hits would register with a 0.5-second lag.
    - Fixed kick/ban vote notifications.
    - Fixed game freezes in 4-player sessions.

CONNECTIVITY

We detected and fixed some issues that were causing some player disconnections. The experience should be more solid after the patch.

- Fixed various disconnection bugs.
    - Fixed a bug where the user could not reconnect to a previous session.
    - Fixed errors when looking for public sessions.

GAMEPLAY
    Added fixes and improvements for gameplay-related issues and requests that some players reported.

Players can now select the vehicle they want to spawn when using the "Drop Vehicle" rebel skill.

- Fixed XP awarded when killing an enemy undetected.
    - Fixed a bug where sometimes vehicle seats could stay booked after NPC exiting.
    - Fixed a bug where the player would take cover too far from certain props.
    - Players can no longer teleport to safe houses while being hunted.
    - The Medical Helicopter will now spawn correctly in the Tabacal area side-mission.
    - Fixed bikes not slowing down in water.
    - Fixed flash grenades not stopping detection.
    - Fixed an occasional instant game-over when falling off a dirt bike.
    - Fixed a bug where sometimes the player could not tag enemies after hot joining.
    - Adjusted damage caused by explosives in Arcade difficulty.
    - Fixed an issue where sometimes pilots didn’t die after AI helicopter crash.
    - Fixed a situation where sometimes vehicles disappeared when driving at high speeds.

AUDIO
    We implemented some fixes and improvements related to some audio aspects of the game, as well as the option to mute radios for those players who requested it.

- Added a feature allowing the player to mute every radio in-game.
    - Fixed Car radio not functioning in various situations.
    - Amplified the radio voice effects to avoid player confusing El Sueño’s voice on the radio and the one of the Ghosts.
    - Introduction video mix enhanced.

GRAPHICS

We focused on fixing various issues in order to provide a solid experience. For stability and performance improvements, see the section below.

- Fixed player models appearing with twisted limbs if they were killed in certain positions.
    - Fixed low-resolution textures appearing while aiming/driving.
    - Fixed camera clipping through some textures & props.
    - Fixed missing textures in certain environments.
    - Fixed drone showing blur effect on objects.
    - Fixed the textures flickering when using parachute or helicopter.

STABILITY

- Fixed various crashes.
    - Fixed an occasional infinite loading screen after validating settings at first launch.

WORLD
    - Fixed various world building glitches.
    - Fixed some world parts where the player could get stuck.

PC SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENTS
    Graphics

- Added the SMAA anti-aliasing mode.
    - Added a notification for anti-aliasing recommendations in multi GPU setups.
    - Addressed a series of issues causing flickering in multi GPU setups.
    - Fixed an issue with HUD scaling in 4 monitor multi display setups.

User experience & interface

- Added support to bind Home, End, Insert, Delete, Page Up and Page Down keys.
    - Added several menu navigation improvements with mouse and keyboard.
    - Added a notification if the video driver is outdated.
    - Added a notification when the system is low on free RAM and starts writing to the virtual memory.
    - Fixed a HUD issue in co-op for users who have already completed the selected mission.
    - Fixed the Pitch icon display when using mouse to steer helicopters.

Co-op

- Fixed an issue with co-op sharing of systemic activities.
    - Fixed the use of Push to Talk in the co-op lobby.

Controls

- Changed the Enable Controller default option to Only Gamepads.
    - Addressed a number of issues with the Steam Controller icons and functionality.

Performance

- Addressed a series of random crashes encountered by users.
    - Fixed an issue causing framerate drops when the saving icon was being displayed.
    - Fixed an issue where the menu was lagging while running the game on a Hard Disk Drive.
    - Solved an issue with VRAM bar update when lowering Resolution scaling.

Misc

- Fixed a bug on the Medication Air Transport mission in Tabacal.
    - Fixed an issue with character poses in Ansel.
    - Solved a controls issue where one couldn’t sprint from crouch or prone position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Feels good after the patch,few little niggles i had seem to be smoothed out.

Just completed my first area. Ive travelled a lot of the map but decided to go back and start the main story line now that i have a few guns at least. Finding it great crack just flying around doing random stuff.

Complete no HUD is awesome this game is unreal with no anything on the screen and also fcuking hard, sound in the game becomes important once you turn off the radio ****e (Options/Audio Scroll to the bottom)

Yes and play on extreme, I know ive said it a few times on this thread but extreme and no hud transforms it into a rock hard tactical experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

don't you just love calling in a chopper to have it slide down into a tree so the blades break!!

Dcully wrote: »
    Yes and play on extreme, I know ive said it a few times on this thread but extreme and no hud transforms it into a rock hard tactical experience.

The addition of no mini map is the deal sealer for me.

I would replay the game with that **** but I would want to force everyone who joins me to get those settings.

Have found a bug that makes my HUD choices vanish and I have to reset them, minimap sometimes pops in and others pop out. I dont think it is saving the settings correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Dcully wrote: »

You the pain for pleasure type?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The addition of no mini map is the deal sealer for me.

I would replay the game with that **** but I would want to force everyone who joins me to get those settings.

Yeah I hoped they would address this with the patch.

You the pain for pleasure type?

Not totally :)
    I loved the original ghost recon 1 and 2 waaay back on pc well before GR advanced warfighter etc.
    It was back when we had really hard tactical military games like GR,hidden and dangerous,project igi,operation flashpoint.

Each of those games would literally takes months to complete.

Playing wildlands in this manner brings me back to those days, the game really suits this style of play imo.

Couple of extreme and no hud vids.

Single player

Multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does doing missions at night have any affect on AI at all? I haven't really compared the two (and to be honest, the last few times I played I was spending my time trying to base-jump a motorbike off a mountain. Spoiler: It didn't work out).

I'm just wondering if the only person at a disadvantage is the player, due to the poor visibility.

humanji wrote: »
    Does doing missions at night have any affect on AI at all? I haven't really compared the two (and to be honest, the last few times I played I was spending my time trying to base-jump a motorbike off a mountain. Spoiler: It didn't work out).

I'm just wondering if the only person at a disadvantage is the player, due to the poor visibility.

Yes. Many AI who are on patrols go to sleep in beds around the compounds.

You can get much closer to the AI at night without spooking them.

In general you can move about with a greatly reduced chance of being detected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

what difficulty are you lads using? dcully on extreme anyway. hard part is convincing your team that it will be more fun to make it harder

Advertisement