Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IvoryTower wrote: »
    what difficulty are you lads using? dcully on extreme anyway. hard part is convincing your team that it will be more fun to make it harder

Extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would like a compass option tho :o

Using the sun at night is problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

dreamers75 wrote: »

so it doesnt even tell you how to get to missions? how do you find them!?

dreamers75 wrote: »

I am really surprised with how rubbish the compass is on the mini map. I thought they would have made a really good one for the game.

so it doesnt even tell you how to get to missions? how do you find them!?

If you turn everything off it literally turns everything off.

I like it

• Advertisement

There are great HUD options in this game.

You can be selective in what you turn on and off in the HUD settings. It doesn't have to be just an on and off switch of the HUD.

Played the final mission with another lad and got the other ending.

Both are pretty crap tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just about there now myself....not much longer to go. For such a big open game it really doesnt take long to complete. Some small niggles that are really annoying, I hate the way all the guns are more or less the same. And that the skills more or less do absolutely nothing, apart from 1 or 2 if you never upgraded any of them the game would play the exact same.

Game has some great potential and the detail in the stories and videos is amazing its a very cool world to travel around in just missing that WOW factor.

If anyone starting out on the PC needs a hand giz a shout.....back to R6 or Horizon Dawn for me now I suppose.

I find the same I liked the game and it left me wanting more of something to do in that area/engine

Suppose thats a good thing

Well completed both endings and yeah they are not great bit of an anti climax for all the work running around the world for so long.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Found the entire game to be a bit of a let down to be honest. I bought it about 3 weeks ago and refunded it after two weeks.
    I put in about 20hrs play time and decided I had had enough.

It just felt like Just Cause with a slight emphasis on tactics.
    I found the missions to be very samey - like once I did a couple of missions, I had done them all.
    The story wasn't engaging at all, imo. Typical Ubi game. Beatiful to look at, but no depth.

Unidad free DLC out today, to go Club Shop in Uplay and unlock.

3 missions appear in Media Luna then.

Havent tried them yet.

Nice one, have not even loaded this up since completion. Absolutely zero replay value for me TBH.....

Update of over 6GB for the game lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Went back to it last night, but got bored pretty quickly. Think I'm done. There's a good game in there but it's just so repetitive. I think a sequel will build on what's good so I hold out hope.

Yeah I fired it up and within 5 mins I was already bored out of my head, I hate the magnet enemy AI in the game. Swarms of unidad that know exactly where you are after 10 mins after 1st sighting.

Great shell of a game but just empty and missing something.

Played a bit today with someone who is actually the worst player ever in this game.

He at least made it interesting :D

DLC out next week dunno if I want it. or not.

Deffo not paying a cent more for anything to do with this....its a decent game with great story but in hindsight I should of passed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo not paying a cent more for anything to do with this....its a decent game with great story but in hindsight I should of passed on it.

decent game with great story but you should have passed on it?

104 hours played. It was definitely worth a buy. I expected its flaws and just appreciated what it is.

I'll come back to see multiplayer when it is added and grab the odd collectable I missed here and there.

I won't bother with the paid DLC though.

• Advertisement

Multiplayer could be good craic....

decent game with great story but you should have passed on it?

I enjoyed the story and all the different boss's etc but for the size of the game it was quite short and repetitive....for the size of the world I honestly expected it to last alot longer.

Knowing what I know now I deffo wont get any of the DLCs so was prolly a hasty purchase.

I played most of it solo but the bits I played co-op were good fun.

So in hindsight yeah I should have passed on it.

The DLC is ummmm different.

Like a completley different game :confused:

You lose weapons, skills and have to create a new character and drive monster trucks.

It reminds me of Just Cause or Saints Row not Ghost Recon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hi ive never played any tom clancy game was just wondering is this worth the buy?

Do you have anybody to play with it online and what price are you getting it for.....?

Its a decent game but there is zero replay value in it...and its far from the finished article. But with the right group of nut jobs it can be fun.....if it was me I would get Rainbow 6 over it all day long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Worth playing if you like to play really tactically on extreme difficulty and no hud, playing it any other way is just boring rinse and repeat ez mode.

Try the PvP open beta. Its available until Sep 25th - Monday morning.

Its really good fun and shows great promise. You don't need to own Wildlands to play the open beta. Its a 32gb install and available on PC, Xbox & PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Will the pvp be a free add on to the game do you know?

Will the pvp be a free add on to the game do you know?

Its a free add on to the game. The PvP mode is listed as releasing in "Fall"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah ffs, I just traded this in! :(

Advertisement