Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ah ffs, I just traded this in! :(

You can at least play the open beta since that does not require a copy of wildlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its surprisingly good.

Load screens need to go away and do UBI ever fcuking learn p2p servers....

The core of the game is very good but it should have more players and Wildlands is a stunning game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Really enjoying it, now if they would just release it as a stand alone.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Load screens need to go away and do UBI ever fcuking learn p2p servers....
    I am surprised at how good the connection has been. It's been near perfect all weekend. I've put about 30 hours into the beta so far.

I think it might be using the For Honor P2P concept where multiple players host the match. However unlike For Honor this appears to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Really enjoying it, now if they would just release it as a stand alone.

Why?

Make us pay for it again!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Why?

Make us pay for it again!

Have no interest in the full game, but would buy the pvp as a cheap standalone. Will probably just wait for the full game to get cheaper.

Surely it would cost even more as a new standalone game, but anyway yeah the actual game itself isn't great at all

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is great fun, but a bit easy sometimes. I think it'll get better with more players and people start figuring out better ways to play it.

That said, the quarry map is rubbish. Hope they strip that one out. There are only about 4 places people can hide and it's too long and narrow.

Full release of the PvP is this week The game is going on sale and will be free to try over the weekend apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭cython

Full release of the PvP is this week The game is going on sale and will be free to try over the weekend apparently.

Half price on XBL marketplace now for all editions by the looks of it, and free to play is also live. Time to give it a go, methinks!

Anyone have issues on PC where the game kills your mic (even outside the game)? Changing my input device in Discord fixes it for a couple of minutes but goes again after a few more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is this free to owners of the base game ?
    Afterall they did promise pvp when it was released.

Dcully wrote: »

Yeah it's just an update for the base game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's free to everyone.

Yeah thanks for that downloading it now.
    Solid reports about pvp so far.

Spear i think its free to everyone for this weekend only?

Pretty sure the PVP is free for ever for everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yeah thanks for that downloading it now.
    Solid reports about pvp so far.

Spear i think its free to everyone for this weekend only?

The base game is having a free weekend, yes.

Spear wrote: »
    The base game is having a free weekend, yes.

Its all free including PvP and PvE so fun for everyone :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the PVP is free for ever for everyone.

No you u have to buy the full game.

• Advertisement

No you u have to buy the full game.

Thought UBI said it was free for all.

So this happened.

Just started playing last night. Enjoying it. Hopefully they add some sort of ranked/competitive mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

is this all online or can this be played offline?

pvp is multiplayer online only, pve part of the game can be played solo or co-op but you still need to be connected to ubisoft server.

up to level 16 now, really enjoying it. There was only 200 people online this morning, i wonder have they released this far too late. Id love to see it grown but they'll hardly pump money in if people arent playing. Back up to about 2k later in day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Picked this up at the weekend with a friend on ps4. We'd be interested in adding to our crew of two so if anyone is interested stick your psn id up here and i'll add you tonight.

Enjoying it on PC, wonder is it too little too late though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wish there were more game modes. Gets a bit bland after a while.

If you are playing the game for the 1stish time and want aa AI challenge, stick on the highest difficulty with no hud.

• Advertisement

Yep, it needs game modes, a ranked/competitive mode, more maps. It really feels like you're playing a game mode off another game, which we are :)

Advertisement