Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I suppose both platforms have pros and cons, I would prefer mouse and keyboard and sharper visuals of the PC but at what price, dont want a lag fest with compatibilty issues. At least the consoles in theory are plug and play.

Would also like to get some co-op play going so will need to tap into the biggest player base which will also prolly be consoles.

Ahh decisions decisions of the rich and famous!

BTW,

One thing I did notice in that vid is how little he actually used the squad AI, I bet more often then not they make a total balls of your hard work to stay stealthy hence why he only used them twice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    One thing I did notice in that vid is how little he actually used the squad AI, I bet more often then not they make a total balls of your hard work to stay stealthy hence why he only used them twice really.
    Yeah that is a good point.
    They will probably be left in safe holding positions and only called upon where stealth has failed or wasn't the preferred option in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

I suppose both platforms have pros and cons, I would prefer mouse and keyboard and sharper visuals of the PC but at what price, dont want a lag fest with compatibilty issues. At least the consoles in theory are plug and play.

Would also like to get some co-op play going so will need to tap into the biggest player base which will also prolly be consoles.

Ahh decisions decisions of the rich and famous!

BTW,

Come on get it on the PS4 at least we'll have two in co-op

Come on get it on the PS4 at least we'll have two in co-op

LMAO, with your internet I might aswell be playing solo.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

LMAO, with your internet I might aswell be playing solo.....:rolleyes:

Not much longer sky have been sacked and virgin on the way.

• Advertisement

Better invest in a PC so, I will build you one for free just get the parts bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Enemy AI looked pretty ****e. Heavy shades of MSG5 off of it. Being stealthy apparently means crouch walking about in plain view of multiple enemies lol.

I find the need for quips after every kill fairly juvenile.

They should just call in Splinter-Cell Wildlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I was going to get this on day one but now I'm thinking I'll hold off and see what others think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I was going to get this on day one but now I'm thinking I'll hold off and see what others think

I was optimistic but I'm starting to get a 'The Division' vibe off it. I hope to jaysus they've learned from that shìt show.

• Advertisement

GerB40 wrote: »
    I was optimistic but I'm starting to get a 'The Division' vibe off it. I hope to jaysus they've learned from that shìt show.

DOWN WITH THAT SORT OF THING TED!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Was just looking at a video of this (not paid much attention up until now) but is it just me or does this just look like a Far Cry type game?

Story missions + take down enemy strongholds. Basically something we've seen plenty of times before?

I am still held up on this is going to be a very co-op centric game. If you get a group of people that play it like GTA Online the experience will be ruined. Unless a lot of people pick it up on PS4 here I might not take the risk as the single player does not look up to scratch either.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It just looks like the division in the jungle to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That IGN article comparing it heavily to Far Cry with the capturing bases has put me off a bit. Far Cry 3 base captures were a lot of fun but seems like this is just busy work added to the map. Hope I get picked for the beta, wouldn't mind giving it a lash.

Anyone does make sure to give feedback here (on beta), what's ratio of PS4/Xbox/PC here?

PS4 here

I would love to get picked for the beta also, I would be prolly getting it on PC if it was good. Might aswell make use of this new SSD and GTX1060....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That IGN article comparing it heavily to Far Cry with the capturing bases has put me off a bit. Far Cry 3 base captures were a lot of fun but seems like this is just busy work added to the map. Hope I get picked for the beta, wouldn't mind giving it a lash.

If that's what it was, I'd be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gameplay video here from gameinformer

Beta emails going out today, check promotions and spam folders.

If you get one it will have 3 invites attached to it.

Well I pledge if I get one I will give the others out here on this thread to the 1st 3 PMs I get......hopefully one of you kind gents will do the same.

You can check if you got in by going to this website and clicking closed beta (Ubi login).

http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/home/

If congrats is on that page your getting an email soon.

Emails have landed, check for yours.

Anyone looking for invites should be plenty here.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

I'd love an invite is anyone has one to spare....

Anyone has a spare inv let me know if ya dont want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Try this website gives you the beta key if you never got the email

https://account.ubisoft.com/en-GB/beta-access

If anybody wants a key for PS4 send me a PM

One of the lads I play the Division has got the email and has invited me.....happy days. I will try to get another off him if he does not use the............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mrpotato

I'd appreciate a PC beta key if anyone has one spare, I don't seem to have received an email yet :(

Advertisement