Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Can the beta be shared if i my home xbox is set as someone elses? Will we both get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can the beta be shared if i my home xbox is set as someone elses? Will we both get it?
    It should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

airmailsman2
    whoever you are, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I sent out three invitations to friends and they can't find them. Where are they? I told them to become friends with me on uplay and that might work but haven't heard anything so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

hi, if anyone has a spare pc invite my user name is jrby. Zero Cool sent me one already but it looks like they are platform specific.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GerB40 wrote: »
    I sent out three invitations to friends and they can't find them. Where are they? I told them to become friends with me on uplay and that might work but haven't heard anything so far.

In the email box of whatever account they used to setup their ubi account.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Is it open yet? Any early first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Didn't get a code so if anyone has any PS4 ones lying around give me a shout!

Instant acccess to beta.

My god the official forums and reddit is full whiney bastards demanding access.

https://twitter.com/NVIDIA_UK/status/827449382249324545

Is it open yet? Any early first impressions?

The controls will take getting used to for anyone that hasn't played Ghost Recon. The game looks lovely with very few hints so far that it's a beta. I'm gonna leave it for a while though, playing solo might be fun but I'll wait until my friends get their invitations sorted. It's a game clearly meant for squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

The controls will take getting used to for anyone that hasn't played Ghost Recon. The game looks lovely with very few hints so far that it's a beta. I'm gonna leave it for a while though, playing solo might be fun but I'll wait until my friends get their invitations sorted. It's a game clearly meant for squads.

110 times this. I cant see public queue being at all a happy place here. I really think unless you have a regular solid crew or a group of friends this game might not be so enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I haven't really being following this game too close but watching live streams now it looks like far cry lol.
    Apparently its meant to be a tactical shooter but what I'm seeing is just run into x camp and kill ai rinse and repeat .

Its a 3rd person Fary Cry, its not a tactical shooter. I like it so far, driving it hoorendous tho.

Port forwarding tho :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward too giving this a bash.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a 3rd person Fary Cry, its not a tactical shooter. I like it so far, driving it hoorendous tho.

Port forwarding tho :(

You haven't driven a jeep in Battlefield have you?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You haven't driven a jeep in Battlefield have you?
    Driving anything in Battlefield is terrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a 3rd person Fary Cry, its not a tactical shooter

oh right yawn !! ill pass so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It has potential but its not as good as they would like us to believe, the controls are so counter intuitive and makes the division look great. Helicopters are a disaster zone the handling is so bad even for a beta. Voice acting and script is god awful, no sense that they are talking to you just rambling for the sake of it.....

I dont like the delay when zooming up either, and both the enemy AI and squad AI is poor. It really is a cross between far cry and just cause on the xbox. Its a fun game but no way is it remotely tactical and it could get samey very quickly.

On the plus side the map is huge and sniping is great fun with realistic delay between shot and kill from a distance, weapons are also nice and weather details (storms etc) are good.

Only played about 3 hrs so far and its growing on me but 1st day purchase I doubt it.

Absolutely loving it.

If you like classic Ghost recon you will enjoy this. Its definitely a tactical shooter.

On Xbox One the driving simply feels that its lacking vibration on the controller which is giving is making it feel like there is little traction.

The custimisation is awesome. At first you think the character customisation will be skimpy because you only get a few heads and facial features with limited colour option but then it shines when you start gearing up your operator. The Division should have had this level of customisation.

Myself and my co-op buddy stole a tractor to get to one objective... I **** you not :D

You rank up weapon handling as a skill by the way. So it feels clunky at first but then gets better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loving it here too, controls were confusing me as first, Kept hitting the wrong buttons etc, Don't find anything wrong with the driving personally, weather effects are cool, especially when its raining and nighttime, I may get it day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know how I can invite my friends to the beta? I got a code myself and in the emai it says I can invite 3 people but when I click into it I can't find anywhere to invite them?

Thats me on the back :eek:

They see me rollinnnn....

sSaygib.jpg?1

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know how I can invite my friends to the beta? I got a code myself and in the emai it says I can invite 3 people but when I click into it I can't find anywhere to invite them?
    Go to the email you got and scroll down to where it says Invite friends.

*I'll find you a url.

http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/beta/login.aspx?tab=invitefriend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Go to the email you got and scroll down to where it says Invite friends.

*I'll find you a url.

http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/beta/login.aspx?tab=invitefriend

I've tried that but can't see any option to invite friends, there was an option I found but it didn't do anything when I pressed it.

I've tried that but can't see any option to invite friends, there was an option I found but it didn't do anything when I pressed it.
    Try regular PC, maybe it doesn't work on phone or look for a desktop version of the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Do you actually have them added as a friend on uPlay? xbox/pc/ps4 friends dont automatically load in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolutely loving it.

If you like classic Ghost recon you will enjoy this. Its definitely a tactical shooter.

I beg to differ horse, all you really need to do is fire the 1st shot from a bottle neck and every single enemy AI runs towards the point of the shot....a la Far Cry.

Nothing tactical in that, dont get me wrong it can be good fun and every mission can be done differently.

But you can literally sit in the one place and kill every single baddie without moving a step (majority of missions I have played)

Now in fairness you can try to set up a SYNC shot and be all Steven Sagal with excellent results but it really does smack of overkill.

Hopefully there will be more advanced missions that you really need to think about, the difficulty is really oddly scaled also.

No matter how stealthy you approach an enemy you get to a certain distance from them and they instant turn and shoot no alert needed (One shot death on Highest)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Can you play in first person and what the graphics like?Thanks

booterboy wrote: »
    Can you play in first person and what the graphics like?Thanks
    When you aim down sight. Its pretty much like the Division.

The graphics are very nice for a console version. The Xbox One S version has HDR if you are on 4k HDR capable display. I assume the PS4 has this also.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I beg to differ horse, all you really need to do is fire the 1st shot from a bottle neck and every single enemy AI runs towards the point of the shot....a la Far Cry.

Nothing tactical in that, dont get me wrong it can be good fun and every mission can be done differently.

But you can literally sit in the one place and kill every single baddie without moving a step (majority of missions I have played)

Now in fairness you can try to set up a SYNC shot and be all Steven Sagal with excellent results but it really does smack of overkill.

Hopefully there will be more advanced missions that you really need to think about, the difficulty is really oddly scaled also.

No matter how stealthy you approach an enemy you get to a certain distance from them and they instant turn and shoot no alert needed (One shot death on Highest)
    Take my last mission.

We noticed a large crane overlooking a stronghold. We approached on chopper at night time. My co-op buddy parachuted onto the crane to provide sniper support and I landed nearby. He took out some of the guards patrolling the high ground while I made my way through the compound to secure intel.

I end up being spotted and a firefight breaks out. I ditch the silencer and go loud for greater damage. I release prisoners that are held in jail cells in the compound who run to a weapons cache then arm themselves and fight with me to kill the enemies. Enemy reinforcements start to come in from varies angles. One group in a hummer with a chain gun and others by jeep. Co-op buddy takes out the gunner how was a major threat and we eventually cut through them.

Seems all good to me. Plenty of tactics. Are you playing co-op?

There are lots of difficulty ratings if you need to ramp it up a bit.

** Most annoying thing in the whole game..... Radios

Advertisement