Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The content in the beta is absolutely tiny, the map is big but 6 story mission is not enough (and they are very small also just like side missions) especially as the side missions are so repetitive. I am just driving around the map now acting the maggot. If the game is so big surely enough content to keep you going for 2-3 days is not out of the question, I had nothing to do in the game after the first day and that was on ELITE.

Would love to get another code and play it on the PC to see how the controls stack up.
    It looks like difficultly is also set by map region. We only have access to the first section which is the intro section of the game and it's the lowest difficulty.

If you zoom out of map you'll the rating for each area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Agree there is **** all content but as I said above i would like to play more.

We ****ed up some simple missions in hilarious ways and in others were fcuking squirrel ninjas with weapons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I loved the way in the older games how you could tell individual unit where too go by placing a marker or you could switch the unit you were controlling , I wish they would bring that back .

Haven't played but already alarm bells are ringing for me based on comments here and elsewhere :(

Haven't played but already alarm bells are ringing for me based on comments here and elsewhere :(
    Try it. No doubt an open beta is coming.

I had great fun playing it but I am going to wait for 1-2 months for fixes and a price drop.

On a side note I am trying the PC version now. Just downloaded it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I loved the way in the older games how you could tell individual unit where too go by placing a marker or you could switch the unit you were controlling , I wish they would bring that back .

agreed, was scratching my head at whoever sasd this was like all the other ghost recon games, it's nothing like the original which was about bringing multiple squads with different makeups close to enemy groups, setting them all up, giving them different orders, and where chosing the right loadout, sniper, suppression, burst was important. this game was nothing like that.

the squad based gameplay you mentioned was much better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I will deffo get it, but not release date. No doubt the game will be huge but even a huge game with repetitive missions will do your head in, having said that if you play online regularly with mates then its a must buy as the craic doing missions can be just mental.

Solo players might want to wait and get it when its discounted as the AI is like having a family of Mr Beans with you.......and in later missions that hopefully take 20-30mins to do AI messing it up would do my head in.

Would love to play it on PC as the controls on console are clunky as fook!

mossym wrote: »
    agreed, was scratching my head at whoever sasd this was like all the other ghost recon games, it's nothing like the original which was about bringing multiple squads with different makeups close to enemy groups, setting them all up, giving them different orders, and where chosing the right loadout, sniper, suppression, burst was important. this game was nothing like that.

the squad based gameplay you mentioned was much better

We came at the game from different angles. I spent the first 8 hours playing multiplayer co-op so I couldn't see how the game was much different from traditional Ghost recon co-op when people here were saying there were no tactics. However those players started with solo play with AI. Which when I played at the end of the day I could see exactly what they meant. The AI commands were ridiculous.

* anyone notice in multiplayer you can hide in the trunk of some cars and while your buddy drives you can pop the trunk and open fire and then close it again lol. We pulled in front of a convoy and my teammate popped the trunk and opened fire with an LMG while I drove ahead of them.

On a positive note for consoles the HDR for the game on Xbox One S was incredible looking on a 4K TV.

Unfortunately the PC couldn't compete but looked good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

PC couldn't compete with a console? are you trolling?
    Did you play it on 4k monitor on pc?

I cant comment about the game or 4k, don't have either :P

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    PC couldn't compete with a console? are you trolling?
    Did you play it on 4k monitor on pc?

I cant comment about the game or 4k, don't have either :P

Surprisingly enough the HDR is stunning on the console.

On PC I played it on a 1440p monitor. As nice as it looks with the obvious performance boost and anti aliasing the overall look of the game with HDR is amazing on the Xbox One S.

We will be in for a treat when the Scorpio and eventually the PS5 arrive.

Playing it on a 1080 and its a nice looking game.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing it on a 1080 and its a nice looking game.

Same.

They are going to have to optimise a bit better. I expected more FPS on ultra settings.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It feels clunky to me.

Also get the feeling the main game will be very repetitive. They've taken the Division, put you in the jungle, got rid of the bullet sponging and then introduced Metal Gear Solid style missions.

awec wrote: »

They've taken the Division, put you in the jungle, got rid of the bullet sponging and then introduced Metal Gear Solid style missions.

Which actually sounds really good to me.

I think it's going to be a great title to pick up down the road when it gets updated/fixed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think it's going to be a great title to pick up down the road when it gets updated/fixed.

Yea I think I'll get it after a while. Already been stung by the Division, don't want to end up stung again.

Though this does seem to have a tonne more missions, I am worried about repetitiveness. Attack this base, attack that base, kill this guy etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

going by Ubisofts track record, we'll be able to get this in argos for 20 quid within six months. I dunno what it is between them, but argos seems to discount ubisoft games really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sadly, that's the only way to approach Ubisoft games due to how broken they are at launch :(

Venom wrote: »
    Sadly, that's the only way to approach Ubisoft games due to how broken they are at launch :(

Yeah for such a huge company their track record is nearly as bad as 2K.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't get a chance to play co-op over the weekend but I definitely feel it's the way to go. I found the sp a good laugh, great environment, fun stealth, one shot kills! Could have done without the teammates, the eejits. Could definitely see playing with 3 lads on here coordinating kills being the way to go. I found the vehicles a great laugh as well.

Not something I'll be getting launch day but worth it when it goes on sale I'd say.

• Advertisement

Open beta coming

StGZaRG.png

Beta starting tomorrow on all platforms, I really wanna DL this on the PC this time so I guess I will have to make a different account for PC other then my PS4 one???

New region added from the closed beta.

Beta starting tomorrow on all platforms, I really wanna DL this on the PC this time so I guess I will have to make a different account for PC other then my PS4 one???

New region added from the closed beta.

Should be fine. I use the same account for the Xbox One and the PC. I have pre-downlaoded the open beta on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Have it proloaded, very excited about this 1 tbh.

Have it proloaded, very excited about this 1 tbh.
    Did you play the closed beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got it preloaded it too, can't wait. Had great fun with my mates playing this. Anyone know if progress will carry over from the Closed Beta for the 2nd section?

Battleflag wrote: »
    Got it preloaded it too, can't wait. Had great fun with my mates playing this. Anyone know if progress will carry over from the Closed Beta for the 2nd section?
    I highly doubt it. I have been in many Ubisoft closed alpha, closed beta and open betas. They are always reset.

Good stuff so I will be able to squad up with decent PC players instead of that PS4 Riff Raff......

Good stuff so I will be able to squad up with decent PC players instead of that PS4 Riff Raff......
    Controversial :eek:

or play with Xbox gamers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Did you play the closed beta?

Nope I wasn't part of the chosen few. Though Ubisoft couldn't throw enough For Honor keys at me.

Advertisement