Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well I am not biased, I have an XB1, PS4 and the PC.....I prefer FPS games on PC its what I grew up with and feels natural. Console controllers will always feel alien to me for FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

looking forward to trying this out tomorrow, haven't given it any attention what so ever so i have no expectations going in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not gonna bother with the beta this weekend but keen too hear what ye think since the last one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll try it out, as i have a key for either this or For Honor. Not that bothered with that, so maybe this will be better. It looks decent, and i like that the enemies aren't bullet sponges like in The Division.

the guy in the welcome to open beta video really should have brushed his teeth..so yellow.. ehm i got stuck in a hole with in 10 mins of starting looks lovely so far. The customization is not that great but what is there looks nice enough, Like i had this face i wanted to use but it meant i had to be a black guy you cant really customize you have to pick a premade dude from what i could see which kinda sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Lone Stone wrote: »
    the guy in the welcome to open beta video really should have brushed his teeth..so yellow.. ehm i got stuck in a hole with in 10 mins of starting looks lovely so far. The customization is not that great but what is there looks nice enough, Like i had this face i wanted to use but it meant i had to be a black guy you cant really customize you have to pick a premade dude from what i could see which kinda sucks.
    Have a look at the customisation again. It's very extensive and awesome. It seems basic at first glance with the face model. Go back into it and you'll see what I mean. It's a shame this kind of customisation didn't make it into the Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lone Stone wrote: »
    the guy in the welcome to open beta video really should have brushed his teeth..so yellow..

Thanks for that, I couldn't stop looking at them. :eek:

Have to say the game really does look awesome and seems to be fairly well optimised also, I have an old CPU and mobo with latest SSD and GPu and Ram and no bother at 1920x1200 the GPu setting were auto detected but its all ultra and high.

Its a hell of alot easier to play on PC then on the PS4 the clunky combat is alot smoother and so is the order control wheel. Cant comment on the AI yet but they have done nothing to fix the wonky choppers NIGHTMARE to fly.

Really impressed again with the look of the game. Gonna get stuck into new area tonight with a few brewski's if anyone is on

how do you start a new game i want to remake my character =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I jumped on for a half hour. Main problem is ai not shooting as soon as people turn up. They wait for the command from you. Obviously four players si the way to go. Driving flying isnt as bad as i thought it would be.

It does look awesome and the map looks like it is huge so hopefully there plenty of things to do on it and missions arent too sparsely populated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Loaded in went straight to the new area, game told me to level up.

I should have listened, its very hard over there. Stick it on the hardest setting and go to the new area :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First time to play the beta, looks great runs great on my 5 year old PC, even getting 144 fps on my gsync 144hz screen with 1 or 2 options turned down to medium rest on high so its very well optimized.

I'm a big fan of GR series of old,this isn't near as tactical but seems a fun game for a while.
    Playing it reminded me of project igi on pc from many years back but again nowhere near as hard.
    Playing on max difficulty it seems too easy to wipe out a base with or without the ai, this is not what I was hoping for.
    Granted ive only played a hand full of missions but I had hoped I would have to play a bit more tactical.

The game has loads of atmosphere and an interesting world but just feels like a dumbed down game to appeal to the masses.
    I hope it gets 10x harder as I play more missions, that's my only incentive to play more, I just hope it gets a lot harder.

Dcully wrote: »
    First time to play the beta, looks great runs great on my 5 year old PC, even getting 144 fps on my gsync 144hz screen with 1 or 2 options turned down to medium rest on high so its very well optimized.

I'm a big fan of GR series of old,this isn't near as tactical but seems a fun game for a while.
    Playing it reminded me of project igi on pc from many years back but again nowhere near as hard.
    Playing on max difficulty it seems too easy to wipe out a base with or without the ai, this is not what I was hoping for.
    Granted ive only played a hand full of missions but I had hoped I would have to play a bit more tactical.

The game has loads of atmosphere and an interesting world but just feels like a dumbed down game to appeal to the masses.
    I hope it gets 10x harder as I play more missions, that's my only incentive to play more, I just hope it gets a lot harder.
    The difficulty amplifies as you complete each area. The first area is considered to be one big training mission. If you open your map keep zooming out until you see every area long the difficulty rating per area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I really hope you are right because I will consider a purchase if it requires players to be tactical plus missions become a bit more varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My main issues with the last beta was that it was simply too easy with 3 humans. The new area on the left sort of solves that.
    I am not sure wiping out an entire country would stay fun.

I jumped on for a half hour. Main problem is ai not shooting as soon as people turn up. They wait for the command from you. Obviously four players si the way to go. Driving flying isnt as bad as i thought it would be.

It does look awesome and the map looks like it is huge so hopefully there plenty of things to do on it and missions arent too sparsely populated

If you tell the squad to open fire before getting to the destination they will shoot on site, if you dont command them to fire they wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Game crashes to desktop after less than a min of gameplay. Tried numerous times now and happens every time.

Anyone else getting similar?

yeah not for me anyway looks nice tho, just not really feeling it. it's a bit to typical of a ubisoft open world for me might pick it up one day when its cheap.

Getting Ribera error when it tried to connect to servers form title screen, good start :(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Getting Ribera error when it tried to connect to servers form title screen, good start :(
    Me too!! 😫😫

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Are there any other radio stations to listen to?

Only problem with it I have is the helicopter controls like dung. Other than that, it's great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Played for bout half hour, quit game and tried to hop on with my mates but still getting that connection error. Hopefully it sorts itself out sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you tell the squad to open fire before getting to the destination they will shoot on site, if you dont command them to fire they wont.

Yep. Thought of that after. Weird they'll get shot at until told to respond. It was happening when i completed objective snd backup arrived

Well I have got surprised once or twice and straight away they shooted I am going weapons hot or some 80s ****e and started firing.

The new area is really hard no messing around, the army choppers flying around are a pain in the hoop the minute you are spotted. Make sure you have a few skill points and the nade launcher unlocked.

BTW,

No errors for me at all at this stage.

SERVERS UNDER MAINTENANCE - ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH FFS. BETA IS ONLY OUT AND THEY SHUT THE GAME DOWN FOR A FEW HOURS!!!!

seiphil wrote: »
    Me too!! 😫😫

You're hardly on the preview dash on xbox are you?

I got this surprising launch into the sky earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Whats the impression so far? I'll be jumping on 2mrw to have a blast, looking forward to it hoping its as good as it looks.

• Advertisement

Finally got in hit LT to aim and it went first person iron sights which was really jarring, it can be changed but found it odd it was default. Haven't time toplay around with that, might be good or bad but made me take notice anyway and the fact you can turn if off means they have considered it might annoy some. Oh and having to get in the right side of the car to drive????? da fook !!!!! :D

Advertisement