Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Upgraded Broadband near Mountmellick, Co Laois

Options
  • 27-05-2016 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
       I was looking to see if I could get my broadband speed increased. I was originally connected to the Mountmellick exchange and I'm 4 miles away which meant the most i could get is 2.7mb. There is a new e-fibre cabinet after being commisioned at the Rock and I've checked with an engineer and my line is connected to that cabinet. On the Eir Map it states that it won't be available for another 6 months but previously it stated that i would be online on 11th May ( which the engineer tells me it is). AS my distance to that cabinet is now less than a mile and there is fibre from there to the exchange then surly I should be able to get higher speeds. I'be been on to Sales, Tech Support and billing but only being told that there is no efibre etc near me. How do I proceed or do I have to wait until it states that the cabinet is offically operational..

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Haldane wrote: »
    Hi,
       I was looking to see if I could get my broadband speed increased. I was originally connected to the Mountmellick exchange and I'm 4 miles away which meant the most i could get is 2.7mb. There is a new e-fibre cabinet after being commisioned at the Rock and I've checked with an engineer and my line is connected to that cabinet. On the Eir Map it states that it won't be available for another 6 months but previously it stated that i would be online on 11th May ( which the engineer tells me it is). AS my distance to that cabinet is now less than a mile and there is fibre from there to the exchange then surly I should be able to get higher speeds. I'be been on to Sales, Tech Support and billing but only being told that there is no efibre etc near me. How do I proceed or do I have to wait until it states that the cabinet is offically operational..

Regards
    Hi Haldane,

Thanks for getting in touch.  :)
    This cabinet would need to be active before we can provide customers with service from the cabinet. You would also need to be connected to this cabinet. There are also several cabinets in this area active and we are hoping to have another two active in the coming weeks.

Please feel free to PM me your account details and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement