Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purely gaming PC

Options
  • 27-05-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking to build a cheapish PC to use exclusively for gaming.

Was also hoping to go with an Intel CPU but if AMD is the clear winner for this price range im happy enough to go with one.

Thanks in advance!

1. Budget:
    €500 - €600

2. The main purpose of the computer:
    Gaming. I'm not worried about running games on super high settings. Once they run decently at a medium to high setting ill be happy

3. No copy of windows needed

4/5/6.
    I have monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. PC will be living in my bedroom which dosnt have a wired connection so can anybody recommend a wifi card? I know its much preferable to have a wired connection but i dont intend on playing anything that needs a massively quick connection. (I can always move it downstairs if wired is absolutely necessary)

7. Overclocking:
    Im willing to give overclocking a go but its not a dealbreaker to miss out on it

8. How can you pay?

Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser

9. When are you purchasing?
    Theres no real rush at the moment to get it up and running. I could wait for 3-4 weeks for any deals, price drops etc.

10. Building:
    Hopefully I'll be able to throw it all together myself!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I say have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057601624
    The last few comments have a build that fits your budget, with plenty of upgrade room for the future.
    Have a look into homeplugs to transfer your data over the power lines. If you live in an apartment/terrace, this may not be a great idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

And as the advice given to me, buy your parts from mindfactory.de - so much cheaper than anywhere else I have looked!

This was the build I'm considering going for - comes in at 440e, and then 30e for p&p from mindfactory.de

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GzygXH

Will be a decent mid-level gaming build, but if you're looking for something more intensive - keep asking!

Also - I've been told intel is beating AMD at the moment, no idea the specifics, but worthwhile looking in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

You could go mini-ITX with the Gigabyte B150 Phoenix AC and get access to built in wifi and USB Type C. This way you can save space and even have a LANparty rig!

Thermaltake, Fractal Design, Bitfenix and Cooler Master all make good ITX chassis.

Advertisement