Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB pins broken on external harddrive

Options
  • 27-05-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I moved my external (LaCie) hard drive this morning. I noticed the usb cable was bent in it, but removed it anyway. Some of the pins were damaged so somewhere along the way, something happened to it while it was sitting there. I had to bring it work today and when I tried it in my PC there was no response.

I know that the harddrive itself is perfect, its never been dropped etc, but the only way I can access the data is through this broken usb port.

Any ideas on what I can do to access the data on the drive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

if its a standard SATA drive inside, get a new enclosure. Some however have USB connection on the main drive circuit board (not sure for Lacie). If its a 3.5" drive its likely to be a standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

What is the external drive model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

someone good at soldering etc might be able to do a temporary fix on it too

Advertisement