Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding 2nd Cadence sensor to Edge 520

Options
  • 27-05-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

I have a 520 running perfectly with both a gsc 10 Speed/cadence sensor on one bike and the new magnetless speed and cadence sensors on another.

I recently picked up a 2nd magnetless cadence sensor 2nd on Boards and can't get it recognised for love or money.

Tried multiple battery changes and creating a new ride profile and get a light when the battery goes in but nothing after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

As far as I know you need a different bike profile for each set of new style sensors - have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I have separate Activity profiles set up but I can't see any other way to set up different bikes on the 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Factory reset it and pair the new sensor afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I have separate Activity profiles set up but I can't see any other way to set up different bikes on the 520.

With the "New" Garmin edge 1000/520 there are no bike profiles anymore but you can use/replicate and name an "Activitiy" to "be" a bike, but it makes no difference to sensors, sadly. It's just a handy way to record the KMs on a bike.

It's just Menu > Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor and then either a sensor type or a ALL sensors.

You could try deleting the sensors you have already attached and see if it picks up the new one? If not then maybe you might have to try the reset stuff.

You have it updated to the newest firmware?

With the "New" Garmin edge 1000/520 there are no bike profiles anymore but you can use/replicate and name an "Activitiy" to "be" a bike, but it makes no difference to sensors, sadly. It's just a handy way to record the KMs on a bike.

It's just Menu > Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor and then either a sensor type or a ALL sensors.

You could try deleting the sensors you have already attached and see if it picks up the new one? If not then maybe you might have to try the reset stuff.

You have it updated to the newest firmware?

Nope. I avoid updates until the coast is clear since firmware updates seem to be the number one cause of 520s not working.

Will try all of the above though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Would it make any difference, if you moved your cadence sensors out of range of device?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Would it make any difference, if you moved your cadence sensors out of range of device?

You mean the existing ones from the other bikes?
    I've tried connecting it in other counties...no joy

Still no luck on this.

Did a factory reset today with no issues and reconnected my other magnetless sensors, tried the second one with a new battery but no joy.

Will see if someone else can connect to it. If not I fear the sensor is kaput

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

I have a 520 running perfectly with both a gsc 10 Speed/cadence sensor on one bike and the new magnetless speed and cadence sensors on another.

I recently picked up a 2nd magnetless cadence sensor 2nd on Boards and can't get it recognised for love or money.

Tried multiple battery changes and creating a new ride profile and get a light when the battery goes in but nothing after.
    What make or model is the new sensor? A Garmin one?

TonyStark wrote: »
    What make or model is the new sensor? A Garmin one?

Yup it's the new Magnetless from Garmin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

You mean the existing ones from the other bikes?
    I've tried connecting it in other counties...no joy

The was no need to leave the county, 15metres would have done. 😛

Advertisement