Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Letterkenny

Options
  • 27-05-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

We are considering moving from Dublin to Donegal. While we've visited a few times we don't know the good/bad areas of town. Are there any particularly good/bad estates we should be aware of??

We were looking at Glentain Manor, Glendale, Solomons hill/manor, Brookfield heights and Gleann Rua. Are any of these areas a no-go?

Thanks in advance 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I know someone who lives in the Glentain area. He says its fairly mixed but has settled down in the last year. I expect that most of the areas mentioned would be similar as they were all built around the same time period and would not have had time to mature. Out of all of them, I think Brookfield looks the nicest.

Generally, each area mentioned is about 30 mins walk out of the town center, but Glentain and Brookfield would be that little bit isolated. Last time I was anywhere near Gleann Rua area, all I could see where houses and more houses. No little shops or places you could pop out to. That might have changed since. There is at least the Mountain Top service station and various hair/gym places near the others.

Also depends if you want to be near schools/work. Each have pro's and cons. Anythings in particular you are looking for?

Out of the less desirable areas, well, they are probably still Glenwood Park and Meadowbank. I admit though, they may have improved but I've not been reading papers or anything recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I used to live in Glendale I'd advise against it as it got rough enough in recent times

Advertisement