Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling shotguns

• 27-05-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice, unfortunately due to various circumstances I no longer have time to go shooting and with a house move on the cards I am looking to sell my guns and safe...looking to get it done as soon as possible so was wondering if anyone would know of dealers who would buy second hand ,I have contacted a few and they only take second hand as a trade in..my certificates expire in July as does my gun club membership so need gone ASAP I am in the Naas area...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

The best way is to sell privately through an rfd. So you advertise the guns with the condition that the sale must go through an rfd (keeping in mind it's about €50 added to the cost per gun) and this means the guns get signed away from you and they are no longer your problem. The new buyer risks the full cost even if a license is refused. I did this and while it was a risk, I ended up with my licenses.

Failing that, if your licenses expire, you'll need to have them stored at an rfd which will cost. The Garda station may also possible store them, but selling them from a Garda station is less appealing imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads and ladies,

this is not the for sale section. Limit your responses to advice for the OP. Any requests for makes, models, prices, pictures, etc will be removed and have the thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To the OP

Few dealers will buy and even if you find on that will they will want them for next to nothing. You have three options:
    1. Find a dealer and just take whatever they give you.
    2. Place an advert in our for sale section with pictures and price and perhaps someone will buy before the licenses expire. Even if someone has to wait for a license you can have the gun stored in an RFD while the license comes through for the buyer, just request that all sales be cash up front.
    3. Store them in a dealers and ask them to sell for you. (this will incur storage fees and a commission.)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement