Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nobo Ice Cream (hEALTHY ALTERNATIVES)

Options
  • 27-05-2016 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I bought a pint of Nobo, vanilla and coconut to try.
    It was €7 for a tub.. very expensive and not amazing to be honest.
    What I find crazy is the nutritional info.. how does it have so much sugar if it's made with coconut milk. I would love to know the ratios of honey and avocado as if (it says) 71% coconut milk.. I can't understand14.9g sugar per 100g...

Would love an alternative recipe to make at home (without an ice-cream maker!) if anyone has one :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

There's a load of recipes for using frozen bananas to make ice cream, also sticking coconut milk in the freezer makes a sort of ice cream texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Would't they be counting the natural sugars in the coconut milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

embraer170 wrote: »
    Would't they be counting the natural sugars in the coconut milk?

THere are little to no sugars in coconut milk :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There would be a lot of honey in it. The annooying thing about them is that only one of them is vegan, that cuts out a lot of their market here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I make banana icecream and it's really nice and easy. I started making it for the baby but we eat it ourselves too. Feel silly even giving the "recipe" because it's not a recipe :D

Chop very ripe bananas into chunks. Freeze. Blend. Keep blending and it will become the texture of soft serve icecream. Eat.

Delicious with things added too like nut butter, frozen strawberries, cocoa etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Silly question but are ripe bananas when they are going black on the skin or when the skin is green. I'm assuming the former but I hate those type as the bananas are mushy and can be black on the inside. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ripe bananas are the ones that are a duller yellow sometimes with black spots. No green. I'd say black bananas are overripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Thanks Whispered I'm only seeing your message now I didn't get a report.

Advertisement