Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5S stuck in recovery mode

Options
  • 27-05-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Have a big problem with my iPhone 5S. About 12pm yesterday I lost signal, the status bar either said No Service or Searching. I contacted Meteor to check service in the area and there was no problems. Service came back once or twice after about 2 hours then went and didn't come back. I hooked it up to my computer last night to see if a restore would solve the problem. I noticed before i hooked it up that the Modem Firmware was blank in the About section and there was no IMEI no. After hooking it up it went through the restore process then as it was restoring I message to say it was in Recovery Mode and anytime I try to restore it I get the same message. I tried the app TinyUmbrella but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there anything else I can do to get it out of Recovery Mode? The iPhone screen is showing the Connect to iTunes message now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I've managed to get it out of recovery mode somehow, i decided to try it one more time this evening and it worked. It's restored BUT the status bar says Searching. The Modem Firmware is blank and there is no IMEI number listed. I might into the Meteor store tomorrow and get a new SIM to see if that solves the problem but apart from that does anyone know what causes the "Searching" problem?

Advertisement