Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazard a guess at outcome of TUI LRA2 ballot!

Options
  • 27-05-2016 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Presuming all ballots posted at this stage, anybody care to guess the outcome? Not what you'd like to happen, we all know where we stand ourselves at this stage, what you think will happen.

Your guess at outcome of TUI LRA2 ballot? 14 votes

Landslide YES in favour of LRA2 and TUI Recommendation
    0% 0 votes
    Majority YES in favour of LRA2 and TUI Recommendation
    7% 1 vote
    Majority YES against LRA2 and TUI Recommendation
    78% 11 votes
    Landslide NO against LRA2 and TUI Recommendation
    14% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

75% turnout upwards, 65%no, 34%yes and few spoilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'll be a happy teacher if you're right TheDriver.

Was talking to teacher in the midlands last night and she couldn't get over the number of teachers who were buying the TUI line. She's afraid of a Yes.

Seems very untoward the way head office have decide to skip over branches and text members directly. What's the purpose of a branch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seems very untoward the way head office have decide to skip over branches and text members directly. What's the purpose of a branch?

If that happened there will be war at Congress. TUI was always a bottom-up organisation, not a top down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you try to contact head office, they tell you to try branch first....

They have done that in Dublin, contacted members directly and asking them to vote YES, even though their branch recommended a NO.

• Advertisement

From GrassRoots FB page, can confirm that good few of my friends got the texts also. Also heard of same in a midlands school.
    For all members of Dublin City Branch. You may have received a text message today urging you to vote YES to this agreement. This was not sent by the Branch. The Branch position, along with many other Branches around the country, is to call for a NO vote to the agreement and a YES vote to industrial action.

Branch had to follow up with email to say that text wasn't from them but from Head Office. Might have been too late then though.

Really hope there is war at congress about it.

(Also, just noticed that I made a mess of Poll, 3rd option should read "Majority No.....", copied and pasted the options to quickly and won't let me edit).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

All this debate is not worth a curse if the consultation document for education gets through.

I don't know much that about the consultation document bhobc, apart from what I read in Times last week, is it not just at the getting submissions stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think it'll be Yes 65% No 35%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

74% yes 25% no 1% spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Not wanted I want... but thinking it will be

70% yes
    30% no

Turnout at 75%

Advertisement