Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Netherlands (kick-off 7:45) - Live on Setanta Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You can always count on Ireland to blow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fair to say De Jong was completely unmarked there. Dead centre in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Useless defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Will that duffy be starting for us?surely it will be wilson or keogh instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Richard Keogh > Shane Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭clsmooth

You can always count on Ireland to blow it.

You can always count on an Irishman to be waiting for a chance to knock his fellow countrymen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads who is the colour commentator on setanta?

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads who is the colour commentator on setanta?

Keith Andrews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will that duffy be starting for us?surely it will be wilson or keogh instead?

Quite possibly, isn't Wilson injured and out of the Euros?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Quite possibly, isn't Wilson injured and out of the Euros?

Aye Wilson is out. Ciaran Clark will make the squad also.

Be a disgrace if Keogh doesn't start though. Had a great season for Derby and hasn't put a foot wrong in an Irish jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pity we couldn't see out the game for the win. Won't get many better opportunities to get a win over them than tonight.

I'm pleased to see Arter stake a claim for a place. I would take him, but I'm not convinced he'll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Quite disappointed by that I gotta say. It felt like a win was more than possible. But we move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The Netherlands are a total shambles. Hard to take anything from this in my opinion.

Completely agree with this.

The games with Switzerland and Slovakia were more useful.

I guess nice for Coleman and Walters to get a full game under their belts, after their recent injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Terrible defending to concede the goal, hope we don't see that type of carry on for the tournament!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ive never seen such a poor Dutch team before.

Such a fall from grace for them considering the plaudits they were getting 2 years ago.

But that ireland team were a much better team on the night and had more confidence. A result that flatters the dutch. Shame about Duffys lapse in concentration but the subs did affect our rthym and organisation a fair bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

In a competitive match, those subs aren't made like that and Ireland see out the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We're going to miss Wilson big time.
    If he was available he could cover several positions. It means we now have to take Ward as cover for Brady when we could have taken Arthur who might add to the team attack-wise.

Advertisement