Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC to UCD

Options
  • 27-05-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hello just recently completed a level 5 plc got 7 distinctions 1 merit. I'm looking to go to ucd for computer science. I've distinctions in all the modules I needed to recieve a distinction in. Ucd requires 5 distinctions for CS. Would there be a good chance of me getting this course from anyones experience. Thanks very much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

I'm in a similar situation and having asked the university and even posting the question here on boards, nobody can give a definite answer. Considering UCD is one of the top colleges in the country, 5 places is really nothing compared to the amount who are likely to apply through FETAC. So I would say the odds are stacked against you, not even including the amount of people who will be applying with the full 8 distinctions.

Not to discourage you though, you should still put the the courses that you have the most interest in on the top of your CAO list.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

I'm in a similar situation and having asked the university and even posting the question here on boards, nobody can give a definite answer. Considering UCD is one of the top colleges in the country, 5 places is really nothing compared to the amount who are likely to apply through FETAC. So I would say the odds are stacked against you, not even including the amount of people who will be applying with the full 8 distinctions.

Not to discourage you though, you should still put the the courses that you have the most interest in on the top of your CAO list.

Yeah I know its hard to think about what to do,
    I have a course deferred at WIT but if there is a chance of me going to somewhere like UCD, UCC or DIT I would change it. I checked online and it's something like 10 places.

I emailed UCD they replied saying "Last year, all FETAC applicants who applied for DN201 Computer Science and achieved distinctions in 5 modules in their qualification (which included a distinction in the required modules) were offered a place on the course by Round 5."

So not sure what to think really sort of annoyed I didn't get the eight distinctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

J98 wrote: »
    I emailed UCD they replied saying "Last year, all FETAC applicants who applied for DN201 Computer Science and achieved distinctions in 5 modules in their qualification (which included a distinction in the required modules) were offered a place on the course by Round 5."

That should be reassuring if you've your mind set on it then.

Advertisement