Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this plant/climber called?

Options
  • 27-05-2016 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

[IMG][/img]e8JGO2x.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Wisteria

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

lottpaul wrote: »
    Wisteria

I just bought one. 3ft tall in a pot. Should I plant it in the garden straight away? Its going to climb an 8ft wall in one direction and a fence in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

I just bought one. 3ft tall in a pot. Should I plant it in the garden straight away? Its going to climb an 8ft wall in one direction and a fence in the other direction.

Yes, but do a small bit of reading about it first - soil requirements, aspect, planting hole etc. Wisteria needs a bit of care and attention as it grows too (feeding, training etc) but it will reward you with wonderful displays of flowers in a few years time. And don't forget to keep it watered in its first years -- even when its raining the base of a wall can be a very dry spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Thanks for that. I have it planted. Changed my mind on the location. Pics to follow.

Advertisement