Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Maths Theorems Predictions???

• 27-05-2016 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just been told that we have to learn the maths theorems and constructions. Does anyone have any idea what theorem or construction might come up this year????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Theorem 19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

It's a stab in the dark really. Last time one came up was 2014 so it is possible to come up this year. There's 5 theorems and I think 15 constructions on the course. Learn all of them.

I'm guessing Theorem 19 or 14, the long ones are more likely in my opinion. As for constructions, they're pretty easy to learn so just practice them all and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

John_2187 wrote: »
    It's a stab in the dark really. Last time one came up was 2014 so it is possible to come up this year. There's 5 theorems and I think 15 constructions on the course. Learn all of them.

I'm guessing Theorem 19 or 14, the long ones are more likely in my opinion. As for constructions, they're pretty easy to learn so just practice them all and you'll be sorted.

A parallelogram theorem came up last year, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

daerr wrote: »
    Just been told that we have to learn the maths theorems and constructions. Does anyone have any idea what theorem or construction might come up this year????

Pythagoras' Theorem has never come up. Theorem 19 has come up twice in recent years and the theorem to prove that a parallelogram has equal opposite sides and angles has come up recently (last year I think) as well.

Advertisement